My Vows

The wedding wasn't going to be as expected, we expected a grand wedding as dramatic as the twins. Instead we gathered about 30 people at the joke shop and decided to get married there. We had to make it quick if we wanted Harry, Ron and Hermione to attend. Natalie helped me get ready. My father was going to officiate us and Uncle Remus was going to walk me down the aisle, if you could call it that. We decorated the shop as well as we could. Fred and George managed it to look amazing, of course. Our families walked down the aisle, Natalie was with Fred, Ron and Hermione, Ginny with Harry and Tonks with John. Remus came walking towards me.

"It's time." He said and I linked my arm with his. "Don't be nervous. You're wonderful." The door opened and I walked from our flat to the aisle. George was distracted but as soon as everyone saw me, they started clapping. He looked at me and grinned proudly. I quietly whimpered. Uncle Remus noticed and said: "You're making the right choice, trust me." As I walked, I made a funny face to George, he chuckled quietly. When I got to the aisle, George looked at me, him and Fred said: "Wow!" At the same time. I chuckled.

"Vows?" My dad asked. We nodded. I started.

"As you guys know, we're not very traditional people. But I figured I'd give a long-ass boring speech saying how much I loved him instead of actual vows because I like to rub it in your faces." I said and chuckled. "I remember moving to Ottery St. Catchpole and my parents making us meet the nearby family, I was about seven or eight. I reckon walking to the Burrow happily with John beside me and my parents and Jesse behind us. The first people we saw were those way too eager twins. They came rushing towards us and Fred spoke up "Hi, I'm Fred and this is George!" John became friends with them quickly. I, on the other hand, was shy and didn't really socialise with them. I also reckon the day my brother's letter saying he'd be sorted into Ravenclaw arrived, I always knew I wasn't going to be sorted into Ravenclaw but I was scared anyways. I didn't want my parents to be disappointed so I left the house for a stroll thinking about how I would never make them as proud as John. I didn't realise that they were still proud of me.

"George approached me when he saw me walking in the rain. He asked me if I was okay and instead of giving him a coherent answer, I just cried. He took me over to the Burrow and tried to cheer me up and he did. In that moment, I knew he was so important that I turned even more nervous than before when around him.

When I was sorted into Gryffindor, I had no friends aside from Natalie and they took us in. We became close friends until our sixth year where I was about to give up on him given to his obliviousness of my huge crush but to my surprise he acted on it. Up until now, we've been through a lot. I was reluctant when he first asked me to marry him because everyone always says not to marry young because "We've got all the time in the world"; right now we have no time to spare..It has been hard and it'll keep getting harder. Now that I have made you hear my rambling for too long, I'm finally getting to my point.

George Weasley, I love you. Even as a kid, you were always here for me. You have taken me in, both of you, Fred too. And you've both married me, in a way, Fred's being platonic but you get it. When I've most needed help, you've been here for me. I will be here for you, Always. I love you for that, and much more and I thank you eternally for all you've done for me." I was crying as I finished, George was too. I had never seen him cry. Fred patted him on the back.