Ziggy Stardust

As we walked towards the chimneys to get back to Ottery st. Catchpole, George pulled me aside.

"Hey..?" I said questionably.

"Can you keep a secret?" He whispered. I nodded "Guys, don't wait up." He shouted but they didn't seem to care too much. We walked behind one of those flower carts on the street

"I hope you're not bringing me here to prank me." I said. George chuckled.

"Do you think so low of me? I have other things to do, y'know?" He said, I laughed. There was dead silence. "So yeah, I used some of the money dad gave us and a few of my own to buy this." He took out of his pocket a yellow furrball. I immediately recognized it was a Puffskein.

"Oh my! It's so adorable!" I said grabbing the poffle. "Why'd you wanna keep it a secret?"

"Well, Ron used to own one and Fred killed it accidentally so I was wondering if you'd help me hide it." George said, I laughed but felt bad for Ron's poffle.

"Of course, silly!" I said. "You can come by my house later and we'll work out what we're gonna do."

"That's great. We could go there straight from here if you want." He said. Instead of going to the Burrow, we arrived at my house. My parents were working and my younger brother was at a wizarding camp so we didn't have to be secretive about the poffle. I wrote a note telling the guys not to worry and sent it with Garfunkel.

We had a lot of pets already in my house. There was Garfunkel but we also had three owls: Sienna,was mine; Elvis was John's owl and Pandora was the family owl. John also had a cat named Angus and finally, we had a dog named Anakin. Our parents were angry with all these so if I dared bringing another one they'd freak but I didn't mind having another one. Garfunkel was very smart so he didn't need much caring for and Sienna wasn't really high maintenance either.

"So what's your plan?" George asked me.

"I have some space in my room until we go to Hogwarts and, I don't know, I guess I could take it to the World Cup so they don't see it." I said while leading him to my room. I took out a carrier from when Garfunkel was a kitten that I used to store my cd's. "I guess we can keep it here." George smiled and nodded. We sat on my bed watching the poffle (we still hadn't named it) for a while. Sienna came in through the bathroom window, oddly and went inside her cage.

"So, your room is pretty eccentric." George said looking at my wall art and posters. "A lot of muggle things!" He laid down on my bed and started talking. I wondered why hadn't he left.

"I like some muggle stuff. Like this guitar. I saw it at a muggle shop and dad showed me how to play." I said showing him the guitar.

"Go on play something!" He said sitting up and looking at me. I shook my head.

"I don't know, I'm not really good.." I said shyly.

"Cmon! Play a little Bowie!" He said and kept annoying me so I gave in.

"Don't judge me too much!" I said and started playing Ziggy Stardust. I wasn't really good with tempo so I attempted to sing it as well. George jumped in and the poffle started humming.

"Not too shabby." George said as I finished, I jokingly bowed.

"You will never tell anyone about this." I said. He laughed. "I'm serious, George!"

"It wasn't bad, I mean, the poffle was humming." He said. "Maybe we should name it David."
"Or Bowie." I said. Suddenly we both looked at each other, we had the same idea.

"Ziggy!" We both said and the poffle jumped up. We kept talking about nonsense really and sat down on my bed. We were dosing off when Fred and Natalie barged in. Ziggy hid away. They loudly screamed and woke us up.

"You guys are so boring!" Natalie said laughing.

"We went on a walk and you guys are still here." Fred taunted us.

"Shut up." George said. "I had fun, really." I was worried he got bored so this helped.

"Anyways, mum's mad because we stayed out late so you better start getting up." Fred said, he hugged Natalie and gave her a kiss on the cheek earning weird looks from me and George and left my house.

"What's up with him?" George said as we walked out of my room, Natalie followed but I glared at her to not interrupt.

"Here, I'll walk you out." I said. We stood outside the frame of my front door. "Did you really have fun?"

"Yeah, it's good to just talk for a change." He admitted looking away. I smiled. "Thanks for helping me hide Ziggy. I'll come by everyday to see him." He started leaving but came back and hugged me, as we separated I looked at him but John bursted in.
"Hands off my mate, Gianna!" He said while entering the house, carrying Garfunkel. We awkwardly stood there and said our goodbyes. After that, I entered my room and Natalie was smiling.

"What happened with Fred?!" I asked eagerly.