So Glad It's Your Birthday

It was my birthday already in mid August. I was still at Grimmauld with the Weasleys, Uncle Remus, Sirius, Harry and Hermione. My parents had been mad at me for leaving without telling them even though George left a note. They told Uncle Remus to take me get my apparation test. I was staying at the twins room without most people noticing. I was awoken by the weight of two more bodies on the bed and a loud noise. As I opened my eyes the twins had thrown a pile of fluffy things onto me.

"Happy Birthday!!!" They shouted, letting off fireworks. The fluffy things started humming.

"What are these?" I asked the twins.

"Pygmy puffs! They're our creation, basically Ziggy's cousin." George explained.

"There, have a pick." Fred said. "We're supposed to start selling them as soon as we start Hogwarts again."

"Can't I just keep them all?" I said stroking one's head. "They're brilliant, you guys!"

"That's my gift for you." Fred said winking at me, I chuckled. I picked one out. He was the only turquoise one and he reminded me of my Weasley jumper. "See, I knew she'd like that one! I made him turquoise, Gianna." Fred stuck his tongue out at George.

"That one's special edition just for you." George said. "I took the liberty of picking out a name for it, if you don't mind. Gaius. It starts with a G and everything." I smiled.

"I love it, George. Thank you guys so much." I said hugging them at the same time.

"It's not over yet, love." George said, "We're going out after you pass the test." I blushed.

"George, you don't have to." I said.

"I know, I want to." He said and kissed my neck. Fred stood there eating out of a Honeyduke's chocolate box.

"Don't mind me." He said. "John sent these for you." He offered me a chocolate.

"Geez, thanks. Yes, you could eat it." I said sarcastically. He laughed.

"I'll get out of your hair soon. Let my brother and you have fun for a while." Fred said winking at us.

"Stay." I said. "It wouldn't be a bother." We sat and talked for a while. Mrs. Weasley burst into the room.

"My word! Gianna, what are you doing here?! Did the twins bring you here first thing this morning?!?" She asked frantically. I nodded.

"I'm sorry, it was my idea. I wanted to be with them on my birthday morning." I lied. I couldn't possibly tell her that I spent the night there.

"Oh, very well. Happy birthday, dear. I have something for you." She said, a container full of brownies appeared. I hugged and thanked her. "Breakfast is ready."

"Thanks, Mrs. Weasley. For everything." I said, she smiled at me warmly before continuing. The twins and I went downstairs. Uncle Remus met us at the foot of the stairs. He hugged me and wished me a happy birthday as well as the others. I collected a few gifts and the twins sent them up to our room. Uncle Remus took me to take my apparation test afterward. I passed and we returned to Grimmauld. The twins greeted me excitedly. I went up to our room and looked at the presents, all of them were lovely, of course. One in specific really caught me by surprise. The Animagi book I had seen in the library the day I arrived .

"Ahem." I turned around to see both Sirius and Lupin. I smiled at them.

"We've decided to let you keep it." Lupin said.

"You have to promise if you successfully manage to turn into an animagus you'll come to us." Sirius said. "No funny business." I chuckled and nodded.

"Thanks!" I said smiling at both of them. They left but Lupin returned.

"One more thing, this is only for your eyes. No friends, no boyfriends can be a part of this, you hear?" He said, I nodded. I examined the book closely and wrote down the ingredients I needed in order to succeed on this. George apparated into the room, I hid the book under my pillow.

"Get ready, love. Mum gave us permission to go out to Diagon Alley and eat." He said. I wore a casual dress and boots, George wore a nice jumper. We headed out. Mrs. Weasley wasn't too eager about it, neither was Uncle Remus. We arrived at a posh restaurant on Diagon Alley. I looked at him weirdly.
"What's all this?" I asked him.

"It's just a thank you for everything." He said. I shook my head.

"George, honey. You don't have to thank me for anything." I said.

"I want to, love. Let's give it a try, please." He said. "The business is going good, it'll be a treat for both of us." I agreed to go in. We were holding hands when suddenly we saw the Malfoys who saw us as well.

"Didn't know you Weasleys could afford restaurants like these." Draco scoffed at us as we passed them.

"Now, Draco, we shouldn't make fun of the lower class. Even if this meal is worth more than their house." Lucius said, my blood boiled. I turned around to give him a piece of mind but George stopped me.

"Remember this happened on our very first date?" He said. I nodded. "Leave him." We sat down and talked for the whole night, basically. We were the last couple to leave. After the meal, we decided to go to Florean's for old times sake. George apparated with me to a room in Grimmauld that wasn't ours.

"This is the last part." He said in between kissing my neck and well, stuff happened without getting into too much detail. He fell asleep after we finished but I couldn't fathom everything that was happening, how my life had turned. I smiled at the sleeping George next to me and kissed his exposed shoulder but decided to head back to my room, the one I had been designated to be in from the start, just in case someone found us in the morning.