Careful

I'm walking up to the school's front doors when I spot a wrinkled yellowed paper lying out in front of my walking path. I carefully pull apart the crinkles revealing bold black lettering. As I spread out the paper, I read the bold typed letters with a feeling...I don't know how to describe. It's like being punched in the face with a 'whoa' type feeling, like and 'aha' moment but more...remorseful. Like I said it's hard to explain. I reread the letters over again, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. I mean, how appropriate is that? I scan the otherwise blank paper for more information, and with luck I discover small printing at the bottom that states, Goosebumps. Concluding that this paper is from a Goosebumps book, but which one, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I re-crinkle the paper and put it in my pocket. It's like fate. What are the odds that I find this paper after I've been trying to make a wish? Kind of strange if I do say so myself.

"Codi!" a shout behind my ear startles me. I whip around but see no one. "Codi!" another shout shoots near my other ear and I turn around to my other side. "Codi!" annoyed I twirl around, stopped by one steady hand on my shoulder. "Hey! Was sup?" I blow my hair away from my face and place my hands on my hips.

"You know I hate it when you do that." My stern look has no effect on Trevor's upbeat attitude.

"I know, that's why I do it! I got your message, you would hit me with a pillow, really? I think that's a little harsh don't ya think?" I lift my shoulders innocently. I glance down at his arm that isn't holding me back, his right. It's wrapped in a black brace making his slightly tanned skin seem lighter.

"What happened to your hand?" I ask flicking away his left hand off my shoulder.

"Not my hand, I just sprained my wrist. Still sucks though 'cause I'm right handed. English will be a lot more fun now." He grins. Always the positive with that guy.

"That's not very awesome, what'd you do this time?" I smile, knowing it had to be something really stupid. I mean come on, this is Trevor we're talking about. He once broke a few toes by kicking a lamppost just because he wanted to see if the light would become brighter if he did.

"Oh, you know I was just ridin' the old bicycle when all of a sudden, I was about to do this pretty sick wheelie right? When my foot had a mind of its own and went forward too far and got caught in the spokes, my bike abruptly stopped and fell sideways with my right hand under the crushing side frame bar of the bike...you know it only hurt a little, could've been worse." He just shrugs like people do that kind of stuff all the time.

"Oh wow...I'm surprised your foot isn't the one wearing the brace!" I laugh, he did get hurt doing something stupid.

"Yeah, I was hoping to still go to school, but I was riding my bike to school when it happened. So I had to call my mom and wait for her to pick me up because I didn't trust my bike right then. and of course my mom went all freak-outish, and took me to the doctor. We were waiting for an hour and a half just to go and see the doctor. Long story short I spent 3 hours at that place waiting and sitting and explaining and all that stuff. So by then I really didn't have a point to go to school because I would've just had my easy classes, plus my mom said I should 'rest my arm' hah...yeah." He just presses his lips together and nods.

"That is very...intense. What are you going to do when you have to write something?"

"That's just it! Yesterday I was practicing my left hand writing skills, I'm totally winning first place if there's ever a left hand writing contest."

"Unless you go against a person who is left handed..." I shake my head, rolling my eyes for effect.

"Oh Codi, you just have to rain on my parade." He shakes his head at me, "anyways, in all seriousness I could have someone write it for me, and if it's an essay assignment I could have...you write it?" He gazes down at me, his eyebrows up in a pleading notion, but he's not really asking. He's telling me, but adding his slight 'pleading face' in order to try and force me to give in.