Gonna be alright

Damn man. I just can't stand to watch him do this to her. I turn away and shake my head as (Y/N)'s boyfriend yells in her face in front of everyone. Tears streamed down her slightly red face.

Every night she calls me up and tells me what he's been doin' to her. Him putting his hands on her, she catching him with different girls, and how he accuses her of cheatin'. I just wish I could stop this conflict between them, but she always tellin' me how she's alright.

Is crying to me every night alright? Nah, I ain't think so. Every time I see her boyfriend, I just wanna bash his face in with a brick.

(Y/N) and I have been best friends since grade school, and ever since then I've wanted her to be my girl, but she never saw us as being more than friends.

One day she'll see. One day...

(Kelly's House)

I sat and watched basketball highlights when I heard the door bell ring. I sighed and rose up to answer it. It was (Y/N).

"Hi Kel." She greets, crying her eyes out.

"Come in. What'd he do this time?" I questioned giving her a look of concern. She lifts up her shirt revealing a huge, black and purple bruise on her stomach. I snatched her up and hugged her tightly.

"Everything will be alright...I promise." I whispered as she cries harder into my chest.

"H-he he kicked me." She choked out. She hugged me tighter. Anger started to build up inside me. I can't let this slide anymore.

I sat (Y/N) down on the couch and sauntered into the kitchen to get an ice pack. I opened the freezer, got one and wrapped it in a paper towel.

Then I walked back into the living room and gave it to her. She eventually stopped crying.

"Sssk!" (Y/N) cringed in pain when she sat the ice pack on her bruise. "Thank you Kelly."

"No problem. When are you gonna realize that he doesn't love you?" I asked.

"He does love me." She says. "He just can't express himself correctly."

"No he doesn't! He wouldn't be putting his hands on you and cheatin' on you with all these hoes if he did!" I snapped. (Y/N) began to tear up.

"I'm sorry. I-"

"It's okay. You're right." She says to me.

"I just want you to know that the right guy for you is closer than you think." I say looking her in her red eyes. She stayed silent.

All of a sudden, someone started to bang hard on the door like they were the cops.

"What the hell?" I say getting up to walk over to the door. I opened it and it was (Y/N)'s dumb ass boyfriend.

"Where the fuck (Y/N) at?!" He yelled. I glanced back and see (Y/N) tense up in fright. He pushes pass me and walks into my house.

"Yo! What the fuck!" I yell. He goes over to (Y/N) and grabs her roughly.

"So you gon' sneak out and go to another man's house, huh?" He yells.

"Please stop Dré!" She screams in tears. He then smacks her. I dashed over and pushed him off of her. He not finna put his hands on her in front of me.

I punched him in his face and he stumbles over. He gets up and punches me back. Then he grabs me on an attempt to slam me.

I stayed on my feet while he tried to lift me. He runs my back into the body length mirror in the corner.

"Ah!" I yelped, feeling glass cut my back. I fell to the floor in agony. He gets on top of me and punches me. I heard (Y/N) scream in fear.

Damn, this nigga heavy! I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I felt myself weaken as he incessantly punched me in my face. I felt around on the floor and grabbed a piece of glass. I rose it in the air and stabbed him.

He fell from on top of me clenching the wound, unable to make a sound.

I turned over and coughed. "Kelly!" (Y/N) screamed, scampering over to me. Tears streamed down her face when she saw her boyfriend lay motionless next to me.

I slowly sat up and held my jaw. She hugs me tightly.

"Ah ah." I winced as her shoulder hit my jaw.

"Sorry. Are you alright?" She asked.

"I should be askin' you that. I saw him hit you." I say getting up.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I wiped her tears with my thumbs and stared her in the eyes. "What?"

I leaned in and kissed her. I did no talking. I broke the kiss a few seconds later. "He's way closer than you think." I whispered. She stared into my eyes and kissed me. I hugged her tightly.

"I told you everything was gonna be alright."