5 Viola

Viola Harris stepped out of her car excited her flight just landed not too long ago and although Aruba was beautiful she had to get home to her boys. Carter’s home was her first stop. He was her baby boy and even though he took it upon himself to step up and rebuild the empire there was some things he just wasn't capable of doing in Viola’s eyes. You know cooking and cleaning those kinds of things. Her child needed her and no way was she going to stay away for too long. Viola walked up to the front door deciding to use her key and let herself in. Knocking was never her thing.

“Carter!” She shouted. “Carter!” She called out again. That's when she saw Lennox running toward her and young Don chasing after him both of them drenched with water and covered in soap suds.

“Stop!” She pointed her finger at Lennox and without any fuss the pit stopped dead in his tracks.

“Thanks.” Don let out a sigh of relief finally able to stop and catch his breath. “He wont let me bathe him.”

“That's because you have to show him who's boss.” Viola smiled. Being a boss was much easier said than done when it came to Lennex. But Viola had a way of getting the pit to obey without much effort. “Speaking of bosses where is that son of mine?”

“Probably with Kali.” Don answered quickly. That's where Carter was spending most of his nights and mornings these past two weeks with that bartender. Don hadn’t met her yet but he knew the pussy had to be everything if Carter was still interested.

“Who the fuck is that?” Viola asked her eyebrow raised. She goes on vacation for three short weeks and now she felt like she was out of the loop.

“His girl.”

“His girl?” Viola questioned. That didn't sound like Carter at all. He didn't love no hoes. By now the once happy and excited Viola was fuming. The worst possible thoughts were now running through her head. This Kali woman targeted her baby boy and was trying to get his money or set him up. “Where does she live!”

Don mentally kicked himself. All Carter asked him to do was come look in on Lennox clean him feed him walk him not unleash the beast he called mama. “I uh...I don't know.” And he was glad he didn't. Because he couldn’t lie to Viola he highly doubt anybody could that woman was a walking living breathing lie detector.

“You don't know?” Viola walked closer to the young man. “You lyin to me?”

Don shook his head. “No ma’am.”

“Tahj… he gotta know.” She pointed shaking her finger. Before storming out. Don felt bad, Viola’s rage was storming full speed to Tahj’s door.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

When she got to Tahj’s door she went to banging. She would have used her key but by now she knew Sasha had changed the locks. Something about Viola needing to value boundaries.  Viola never did like Sasha. She knew from the moment she met that girl and noticed how Tahj looked at her that Sasha would be problems. And her suspicions was right before she knew it her eldest son was sprung over some little hussy. He valued Sasha’s opinion and considered her feelings. No matter how cold of a shoulder Viola had given her Sasha stood her ground and then Olivia was born. That's when Viola knew Sasha was never going to leave. Nothing she did or said could make her run away. A part of her respected that about Sasha but she would never admit that out loud to anybody EVER! She had a hard enough time admitting that to herself.

Viola lifted her arm to bang on the door again but the door was already being pulled open.

“Ma!” Tahj pulled his mother into a tight hug. “How was Aruba?”