11 Wrong Guy

“We need to talk.” Alic didn’t give Carter a chance to invite him inside before he barged in. Alic never showed up unexpected so Carter knew he wasn't just cruising around the neighborhood and decided to just stop by to say hello. Something was wrong and Carter had a pretty good idea what it was. “Kali-” Alic stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Carter's lady.

“Alic hey. How are you?” Kali was her usual polite self even though it was obvious something was wrong. Alic was usually well put together in his dress shirts and expensive suits pants. His smooth chocolate hair was always slicked and styled to perfection. It wasn't every day that he was seen how he was today shirt wrinkled, sleeves rolled up top two buttons undone, His hair looked as if he had ran his hands through it one too many times in the wrong direction.

“Nice to see you again Kali. I just need to speak to Carter...alone. I assure you I wont keep him for too long.” Alic told her now having a good look at the two the couple was heading out when he arrived.  

Kali looked toward Carter and back at Alic. “Is everything okay?” She knew if it was about business the chances of them telling her anything was slim to none but she had to give it a try. She just prayed that steam coming from Alic’s ears didn't have anything to do with Carter. Last thing she ever wanted to see was these two becoming enemy’s.

“Kali just give us a minute okay.” Carter said offering a reassuring smile. Waiting until she was out of earshot before he turned to Alic. “Wassup?”

“Your imbecile of a friend is what's up!” Alic said between clenched teeth to avoid raising his voice. “Running around beating on women.”

“Listen he got a little out of hand...But I’m handling it.” Carter spoke with confidence but deep down he wasn't sure if he could handle Banko anymore.

“Your name is attached to mine. If you can't keep your people in line it reflects negatively on me. This is the same woman he brought to the club that night right?”

“Yes but Alic I have it under control”

“This means she know’s who I am that you and I have a partnership if he told her anything and she decides to share that information we have a serious problem! Banko has become more trouble than he is worth. this was something I warned you about.”

“ I’ll cover everything up and get him in line I just need you to trust me.”

“Cover this shit up but don't bother getting him back in line I want your boy OUT!” Alic pointed in Carter’s direction. Alic wanted Banko eliminated but he understood the loyalty Carter had for his people so he was going to let him handle this.

_____________________________________

Kali listened closely from the spot she stood on the top of the stairs.  She wasn't a eavesdropper she keeps her distance from Carter’s ‘Business’ but this time she couldn't help it her ears were open and she had heard everything.

*******

“I heard about Essence.” Kali informed Carter.

“Yeah I heard bout that she got hurt or something.”

To say she was hurt was an understatement. Essence was found by a neighbor passed out in her own blood. Patches of her hair missing her eyes swelled shut and a few cracked ribs. Rumors were already spreading. How she was part of a prostitution ring and her pimp beat her ass ,some say that she was sleeping with another woman's man and went one on one with a big bitch with a metal pipe. Kali had heard it all but no fabricated story was going to change her suspicions...Banko did this.