9 Banko's Frustrations

“Ya’ll lil nigga’s think ya’ll can handle this?” Banko asked angry that Carter was even giving this another try.

“Everything will go smoothly.” Don spoke up. The last time Carter agreed to let him and the Trap boys stay alone over night to count and package everything it didn't go so well. Since then they weren't trusted alone not without either Banko, Carter, Nate or Tahj. Tahj not so much being that he was apparently going legit now.

“You said that last time!” Banko snapped. “Last time ya’ll let thinking with ya’ll dicks get you robbed.

“Relax Banko the soldier got it under control.” Nate said looking at the time. “You keep chattin and we gonna be late.”

Don, Julian and Hasson had a few more minutes of Banko going on and on about not trusting them before they were left alone.

“Alright let’s get to work.” Don said thinking the faster they get started is the quicker they’d get finished.

“What’s it feel like.” Hasson blurted out. He and Julian had been meaning to ask Don that since the night he killed Murf and his boys. But the time never came up. If Don wasn’t with his grandmother he was with Carter and whenever they were in the trap it was never really just them.

“yeah Don how does it feel to actually kill somebody?” Julian asked curious to know.

After all this time Don has never really thought about it. What it felt like. he never asked himself if he liked it or hated it. He figured if he did take the time to think about it and relive that night in his own head he would have to label himself a killer and if he felt nothing and didn’t take the time to think or care did that make him a cold blooded killer?

“How do you think it feels?” Don decided he’d answer the question with a question to avoid answering questions of his own.

“See Ju-Ju I told you he didn’t wanna talk about it.”

Julian shot Hasson a look. “Nigga you always tryna put shit on me you wanted to know too.”

“It’s alright. it feels….weird. I don't think about it much.”

“You did it for Carter?” Julian asked. “Because when he’s out the game you want him to hand it to you?”

“If Carter told you to do it again would you?” Hasson’s question came directly after Julian’s

“I did it because I messed up and needed to make things right.” He never thought of Carter passing anything to him either. He did know Carter was the closest thing he had to a father after his dad killed his mother before killing himself leaving Don with his grandmother who he wasn't sure would make it through the rest of the year. “I don’t know if I’d do it again.” He lied. Carter would soon be all Don has left and if he needed him to kill someone else without a doubt Don would do it. He just wasn't going to tell Hasson and Julian that.

____________________________________________________________________________

“Kali you almost ready!” Carter shouted seated fully dressed on the couch with Lennox laying halfway on his lap. “She’s taking forever ain't she?” He asked Lennox scratching the pit behind his ears. “That’s a woman for you.”

“YOU!” Kali shouted bare footed coming down the staircase. “You chewed my shoe didn't you!” She carried a black shoe in her hands.

Lennox let out a low growl before he hopped off the couch moving to the corner placing his paw over his face.

Lennox seemed to love Kali he followed her around everywhere got all excited anytime she came back after being gone for a day or two but he just couldn't resist chewing on her things. Her shoes, panties, clothes .He always had his teeth in something of hers.