Chapter 12 - Unexpected Friends

Fred's POV:

That night I didn't sleep. I don't know if it was the adrenaline from seeing Hermione again, or just me being restless. George was across from me, muttering in his sleep about Caroline. I laid in bed forever until I couldn't stand the silence anymore. I got up and crept downstairs. I didn't know what I was going to do downstairs, but at least it got me out of that bed. As I was going down the stairs, I suddenly heard quiet weeping. It was a girl, and the first thought I had was Ginny, but when I got closer I could tell immediately who it was.

Hermione.

My feet went a little faster down the stairs. I turned the corner and there she was, her head in her hands, sitting at the table. Her hair was a mess, and her sobs became a little louder.

"Hermione?" I whispered.

Her reddened face looked up at me and her eyes looked desperate.

"F-fred," She said, wiping her tears. "What are you d-doing here?"
"Hermione what's wrong?" I said, sliding into the chair next to her. I faced her, sitting sideways in the chair.
"R-on..."

I could feel my anger boiling. "What did he do to you, 'Mione?"
"A-after you left, Fred, he...he..."

I squeezed her hand as she struggled to tell me what was wrong. I could obviously tell she was struggling here. It was all my stupid brothers fault.

"Shh," I hushed her, "How about you get some sleep and we will talk about it in the morning, okay?"
She nodded and I kissed her forehead. I got up, taking her with me and I laid her down on the couch.
"Your too tired to go upstairs, I can tell," I told her.

She instantly fell asleep, even before I could put a blanket on her. I laid a blanket over her and put a pillow under her head. I went back upstairs and fell asleep also.

In the morning everyone was bustling around the burrow, careful not to wake Hermione, who hadn't woken up yet. When Ron groggily came down the stairs, scowling at everyone who glanced at him, I pinned him to the wall.

"Why, Ron? Why do you torture her?" I whisper-shouted. He looked at me with a confused look. "All she wants in life is to be happy and you should too Ron. Wether it's with me, or someone else, you need to respect her opinion. You can't go off, pouting, just because you crush moved on. You could've made above sooner. Grow up." I spat. I pushed him back and walked off.

I have hated Ron ever since he went off on Hermione no her friends. For goodness sake, he slapped Caty. I was done with him. Suddenly, a knock ran through the Burrow. Hermione stirred at the sound, and everyone's eyes turned towards the door. I went over and opened it to reveal four faces. Harry, Caroline, Kate and Caty.

"Caroline!" George gasped.
"Georgie!" She said, breaking through the others and hugging him.
"I thought you weren't supposed to come till next week?"
"I have my ways," She said smiling.

Hermione sat up and looked at the group. "What-?"

"Hi there! Hope we aren't barging in!" Caty said, smiling at Mum and Dad.
"Not at all!" Mum said, smiling back.
"Awesome! Thanks a lot!" Kate said, walking in. Harry followed her, greeting Mum and dad, and then scurrying over to Ron.

Hermione came over to me, rubbing her eyes, and grabbed my hand. She leaned her head on my shoulder and rubbed her eyes. She yawned, which made me yawn too.

"Well, looks like we have some company! Twins, please set up the extra table. Ron, escort our guests to their rooms, and Ginny- do the dishes dear. I'll start cooking-" Mum said, making her way to the kitchen.
"Please, let me help. I'm a Hufflepuff, so I know a lot about cooking. Kate can help too," Caty said, following mum.
"Yes! Let me help with the chests-" Kate said, lifting all the chests with her wand and giving a "sweet" smile to Ron, who looked terrified. "Lead the way, Ron."

Ron took Kate, Caroline, and Harry up the stairs while me and George set up the extended table. Hermione, in the meantime, helped Ginny with the dishes.

This was going to be a long week.