Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Amara

"Baaaaaaaeeee! Look at our new house!" I said smiling really big. "Can you believe it took us 3 years to finally move out here?"

"Yeah yeah yeah. Can you help get this box."

I took the box and walked in the house and say it on the counter in the kitchen.

"Uhh.... A little more help here! This box has like, the whole Loubotin store in here!" He said struggling.

"As much as its cute to see your strain face I guess I'll help! Where's Cam?" I asked looking around.

"Making new friends." He said taking his glove off and wiping his sweat.

I scrunched my face up and say the box on the couch.

"Is that the last one?" I asked.

"Yeah. The movers are gonna get everything else tomorrow." He said sitting down.

"Babe, I am really concerned about Cameron. He's more....."

"Distant?" He guessed.

"No."

"Bratty?"

"No."

"Moody."

"No. Here, I asked him to take Royalty to the store earlier and he said, "what does the store have that she can't get in the kitchen. And it's like.... When I tell him to come straight home after practice, he'll go to a pizzeria or somewhere then come here."

"Babe the word you're looking for is Rebellious."

"I hate that word."

"He's a boy. A 16 year old boy at that, he's gonna want his space. I know I did at that age."

"Hell no. He's 16, he's black, and he looks too old for his age. I'm not giving him space. The last thing I need is for my son to get brutally assaulted by the police because of the color of his shirt or his haircut or something. So no space is allowed in this house. And that's rule number one." I stated.

"Damn Mrs. Officer. Can you lay down some more laws in the bedroom tonight?" He smirked.

"Nice try but uhheraaaa, I have a visitor."

"You lying." He said on disbelief.

"If I'm lying, I'm flying." I said going through boxes.

He punched the air and crossed his arms like a little kid.

"You're too old."

"Speaking of old.... I feel like, I need to expand my horizons...." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Expand your horizons?" I asked.

"You know what I'm talking about. Expand my horizons. Reproduce."

"I'll think about it but what you need to expand is the shower curtain because this is highly unsettling to have your sweat stain on our brand new couch.

It would kind of be nice to have some little Chrises and Amaras running around. But Royalty is enough right now and she's a handful allllllllll by herself.

Ashely

"Ash, calm down and talk to me baby."

"No Keeis. I am tired of telling you the same thing over and over again. You go to work, come home, you take a nap and go to the gym. You come back and shower and you're off with your boys! By the time you come home, it's like 1:00 in the morning. Where is the time for me?"