Chapter 12: Apologies

Amara👑-

"They shot him!" She cried walking up to him.

He looked at me. I could tell he was asking permission to hold her. I nodded and watched.

"What happened?" He asked the doctor.

He opened his mouth to say something but then we seen the boys from the court come in and they all rushed to hug Amara.

She hugged them all tightly.

"I'm sorry. Mrs. Brown." One of them said. "My name is Ant. This is JohnJohn, Jamaal, and J'Mere. We were all at the park when it happened."

"Let's hear what the doctor says." I spoke.

"Thanks you." He said. "As we know, Cameron has been shot. It's pretty severe. He has 8 gun shot wounds: two in both caves, three in the arm, one grazed his shoulder, another pierced his lungs, the last one went in through the front of his right knee and exited. Cameron is lucky to be alive. He's in ICU and we're keeping very close eyes on him. Anything can happen. To prevent that we're gonna have to put him in a medically induced coma. One of the bullets hit a main artery. We'll let you know what happens." He explained.

Amara held on to me and cried.

"Thanks Doc." I said rubbing her back.

He nodded and walked away.

"Y'all little niggas got some fucking explaining to do." I snarled at the boys.

Just then I seen a boy who I'm guessing was Darrious come in.

"You just missed the doctor bro." Ant said.

"Whassup? Hello. Hi sir." Darrious spoke to us.

I nodded at him and Future just looked into space.

"What's the status?" Darrious asked.

"They putting my mans in a coma." Ant said.

"I want an explaination." Amara said.

It got quiet.

"We can do this the easy way and y'all just speak up. Or we gone be like some police and split y'all up." I said.

"There was a fight at the courts and that's all I know." John spoke first.

"I don't know. I was getting my ass kicked." Jamaal said.

"Yeah, I was fighting too." Ant said.

"I just heard the gun fall and after that I heard shots. I didn't see nothing." J'Mere said.

Everyone's eyes turned on Darrious.

"I wasn't there." He said lowly.

"So you mean to tell me there's 5 of you and none of you saw anything!" Amara yelled.

"Babe--"

"No!" She cut me off. "Somebody's lying!"

"Mrs. Brown." Jamaal spoke. "I'm all honesty, these dudes came to the court looking for Darrious and we didn't know where he was and they didn't believe us. One of them pulled a gun out on us and that's when Ant swung off and the fight broke out--"