Chapter 15: Pre-Storm

Chris👑-

"What's wrong?" My mama asked.

"Ma, if it's not one thing it's another." I sighed leaning back in the seat.

It was 2:30 in the morning and I hated calling her this early but she was the only one I could talk to right now.

"What's going on?"

"First Cameron in the coma and then I went to the house and found Amara--"

"Wait, wait, wait, what? Found? What do you mean 'found'?"

I sighed. "She was beaten so bad ma."

"By who?"

"I don't know ma. I'll hit you later here comes the doctor." I said standing up.

"No. I want to hear this."

"The husband of Amara?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes sir."

"Luckily for you, she's just fine. Everything is going to be alright. She's woke and alert.The swelling is going down a little and she's bruised up a lot but that should be gone within the next few weeks or so. Just make sure she isn't doing a lot when she goes home. You are very lucky that you found her in time. You can see her in about 15 minutes." He smiled walking away.

I nodded and sat back down.

"Boy. God is good."

"I know ma. Thank God she's okay."

"Where are her parents?"

"They went back home.  I don't want to add anymore stress on them. I didn't even tell them."

"Don't you think they need to know what's going on with their child?"

"Ma please don't go there." I sighed.

"How's Cammy?" She asked.

"From what we heard, his heart rate got better. I'm going down to his floor when I get done seeing Amara." I said rubbing my hand down my face.

"Chris?"

I looked up and seen Nikki.

"Mama imma call you back." I said annoyed.

"Alright baby. Please let me know what happens. I love you."

I smiled. "I love you too."

We hung up and I put the phone in my pocket standing up.

"What's up?"

"What you doing up here? Cameron's floor is two down. It's 3:00 in the morning anyway."

I sighed. "Amara's up here."

"For what? Is she okay?" She asked concerned.

"Yeah. She's alright. I don't wanna talk about it right now. I don't even know what's really going on myself."

"I hope everything works out. It's kind of crazy you're here right now. I was just heading down to redo his chart. Did you wanna come see him? I could sneak you in."

"No. I'll come see him at 12:00 tomorrow. I wanna make sure Amara's Fine."

"Okay. Let me know if you need anything." She said walking away.