S4 Episode 7: My Brother's Keeper

I'm up early helping Caroline set up the Miss Mystic Pageant and I'm currently counting inventory and checking off my clipboard. I walked outside to see my blonde best friend on the phone yelling. I avoided her and explained to the delivery people where the food goes.

I continued checking off my list when Care briefly stopped at the table I was at.

"Can you believe your sister has the nerve to dump Stefan for Damon?! It's profoundly disturbing and backwards. Who would trade Stefan for Damon?" She rants. I slowly raise my arm a bit and she glared at me.

"Arielle!" I shrugged.

"What Care? You asked." I defended.

"Well now that you and Klaus are in cahoots. You can stop sapping over Damon the hoebag." Caroline taunted. I turned to her.

"Care, remind me never to call you at 2am and confess everything to you." I spoke.

She smiled at me teasingly. "No promises."

"And besides we're not in cahoots. I'm just testing this, we're not technically dating, maybe a trial run. Of some sorts." She scoffs and fixed the flowers on the table.

"Yeah, right and me and Tyler actually broke up." The blonde vampire countered.

"I'm testing him." I blurted.

"You're testing yourself, to see if this mate thing is true." I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I wish Caroline didn't know me better than I know myself. It could be irritating at times.

"Remind me to get a new best friend." I mumbled. Care laughed slightly.

"Like hell!" I moved away and continued going over the pageant necessities.

--------

One of the florist was speaking to me about the flower arrangements and I thoroughly explained where and how the flowers were supposed to be. The florist thanked me before wheeling his flowers to the designated area.

I noticed Caroline and Elena talking and I sighed and proceeded to scribbling my completions on the clipboard. After a while I made my way to the inside of Lockwood Mansion and I counted everything and continued to check off boxes. A man came speeding in here nearly knocking down a set of plates.

"Hey, hey! Watch it. You break it, you're damn sure buying it!" He rose his hands in surrender and I gave him a stern look. I walked around the house to see everyone doing their job. A rushing Caroline made her way towards me and stopped me.

"Elle could you make sure everything in the front looks okay I have to deal with a small fire in the kitchen?" My best friend panicked. I sighed.

"I don't know, Care. There are still a lot of unchecked boxes on my clipboard....." I trailed. She gave me her best puppy dog eyes and pouty face and I cringed. This is what she had used on me when we were younger to get everything.

"I really fucking hate you.." I muttered. She squealed and hugged me, before taking off because of the fire.

I strutted towards the front of the mansion to see everyone moving things out of a truck. I walked further down the steps and checked off more boxes and counted. I turned to the three girls who were carrying flowers.

"Whoa. Stop. Stop. Those flowers go in the back, as indicated by the floral chart that you guys had plenty of time to memorize. Yeah, thank you." I ordered. I shook my head and checked off another box. I started to write down more notes. Before I felt the hybrid presence. I ignored the bastard and continued fiddling with my pen.

"Now, how did I know I'd find you at the helm of this ship?" He spoke with that incredulous accent.

"Go away, Nik. I'm busy." I spat. He inched closer and I mustered composure.