Chapter 11: Catch Me If You Can

I'm running through the woods with today's outfit ruined. Last time I'm wearing light colored jeans to help my brother fight newbie vampires.

"Come on Matt!" I shouted. Jer looks at our friend who stopped at a tree.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerning. Matt breathes before looking at Jer.

"Yeah, I just need a second." The blonde replied.

"We don't have a second. They can smell your blood. We need to go." The youngest Gilbert reminded. My ears picked up a sound causing Jer to turn around raising his crossbow in defensive mode. He hesitated to shoot Damon and I let out a sigh of relief before turning back to Matt.

"Don't hesitate. You're lucky it was me. Otherwise, two would be dead." Damon snapped. I got up and dusted myself off.

"Lucky ?! D, you set them up!" I confronted.

"I was trying to get this thing over with, Elle! I figured you of all people would understand." The eldest Salvatore directed towards me. He looks to my little brother. "You're the one that pissed off Klaus. Now you have to fight your way out of it."

"Where are the other vampires?" Jer questioned.

"They're newbies. They're still trying to figure out how to track, which means you have two seconds to get ready to fight." My ex answered glancing at his wrist.

"The lake house is this way. If we can get there, they won't be able to get inside." Jer suggests.

"Wait. You want to run?" Damon questioned. My eyes go wide at him as I place my hand on my hip.

"The hell else are we suppose to do?" I spoke. "Matt is an open walking blood bank." Damon stared at me, then Matt before rolling his eyes.

"Fine. Get out of here. I'll slow them down. Elle help them." The raven haired vampire ordered. Jer and Matt took off and I stayed with my ex.

I scoffed. "You think I'm going to leave you in the woods with a lot of newbie vampires. You're delusional."

I was rushed into a tree by a vampire and I gave him an aneurysm before ripping his heart out. I seen two vampires on Damon and I rushed over to him and threw the vampires off of him. I tore both of their hearts from their chest and flipped my hair.

"Mmm, glad I stayed." I commented before throwing the hearts to the ground and rushing off.

--

I was walking back towards the Lakehouse and I heard noises. I ignored them and carried on. This god awful pain struck in my head and I collapsed to the floor.

"Ahhh." I screamed while massaging my head. I rushed to a tree and slid to the ground. The pain continued on and it grew worse.

"Can you hear us now ?"

"Yes."

"You should know we don't enjoy being ignored...."

I nodded before massaging my temple. "What do you want?"

I felt myself being choked.