Chapter 21: She's Come Undone

As I leave the airport to get to my vehicle my phone gets a call from a certain blonde original.

"Hello Bex." I greeted the thousand year old.

"Elle, hi. Can you spare a moment to speak with me?" Her voice was quiet and fearful.

"Meet me at my house in twenty minutes." I hung up the phone and proceeded to drive to my house.

When I arrived at Casa de le moi, I felt something about my house... was off. I opened my door and confetti rained down on me.

"Surprise!" All of my Mystic Falls people shouted and I dropped my bags. Caroline came rushing to my side and pulled me into a hug.

"Congratulations!" She cheered. I smiled faintly before looking around. It was Matt, Rebekah, Stefan and Bonnie.

"What's this for?" I asked. She playfully slapped my shoulder.

"For you getting into Xavier! This is such a huge accomplishment and you're valedictorian and I'm salutatorian." Care noticed my uneasy look before caressing my arm. "Hey, we're in this together."

I nodded my head before moving to hug all my friends.

"Okay, quick question. How did you guys get into my house? It's literally spelled." I interrogated. Everyone took a moment before looking to the youngest Salvatore. I tilted my head back.

"Of course." I signaled him to come to me and he smacked his teeth before handing me the witch hazel and I graciously smiled.

"Let's party before this moment gets ruined." Bonnie piped in. I nodded and we played a series of games before eating these human blood incorporated with human meals.

Blood burgers, blood wings with extra blood. They actually weren't bad. "Okay Stef, I can trust you with my kitchen."

"I mean I did indeed learn from the master." He flattered. I rolled my eyes before smiling and devouring the rest of the food.

"So how is New Orleans, Elly?" Care asked intrigued. I nodded.

"It was an amazing experience. You all definitely have to visit me when I go." I answered. Care's eyebrows rose curiously.

"What happened to NYU?" She continued. I rolled my eyes before mugging her.

"They rejected my application." I admitted. Everyone's head presented various reactions. Matt was holding his mouth opened, Stefan rolled his eyes, Caroline was in shock and Bonnie held a sympathetic look. "I am fine though, things happen for a reason, right?"

They all hugged me separately before helping me clean up. After half my house was spotless it was just Stefan and I left.

"Thanks for everything, Stef. Is there anything I could do for you?" I offered. He nodded before cleaning the kitchen.

"Actually." The younger Salvatore began. "You could help us get Elena's humanity back on."

I scoffed before laughing. "That's real funny, Steffie. For a moment I thought you were being serious."

His silence deafened and I shook my head. "I am being serious, Elle. I know she's being a pain in your ass but we could use your help."

I stacked my chairs up and slid them in the hall closet. I met his gaze and I walked up to him. He held his hand out and did our handshake. "Fine." He gives me a tight yet comfortable hug before racing out. I held my napkins down and muttered curses under my breath.