Chapter 23: Graduation

My alarm woke me up at 6am and after I hit the shower I became the energizer bunny. The world seemed to slow down and I was the only one moving. I pressed my graduation dress which was a sparkly nude slip on and it was screaming my name so I bought it. Honestly the best choice I've ever made. I was grateful that my stomach wasn't showing to draw people to ask questions. I looked at the time and it was 8am. Damn how much time did I take? After brushing my teeth and washing my face I contemplated how to do my makeup, or if I should even wear it. Because my skin was behaving today.

I passed on makeup but I made sure to gloss my lips. Slipping on some sweatpants and a sweat shirt I grabbed my cellular, keys and wallet. It's graduation day! I am going to abuse looking bummed because my showing out rate will fly off the charts. Licks stamp, sent off.

I drove to the Grill and picked up my decaf vanilla bean frappe. Smiling at Matty he waved as I left out the door. I realized I don't have any shoes to go with my dress. I started my car up and drove to the local shoe store.

The salesperson greeted me and I sent a flattering smile. My eyes analyzed the different type of sections before going to the heels section. I scanned my options before deciding to go with white wedges. Come on I'm pregnant I don't want blisters too. But these white stilettos are also to live for and the heel has glitter on it.

"Hi, need any help?" The same lady that greeted me inquired. I nodded before showing her my options.

"Okay, I'm looking for something comfortable but also to go with this dress." I paused and quickly pulled out my phone so she can make a wise decision. "You know? And today is my graduation and the last thing I want is to be uncomfortable."

The lady smiled in agreement before furring her eyebrows together. She chose the wedges and sent me a sympathetic smile. "Although you would rock both pair, but for comfort definitely go with the wedges."

I shot her a thankful smile and she turned around. "What size do you need, honey?"

"6." I replied. She pulled out a box from the back of her store and rung them up. I swiped my card and signed my name. Sometimes I wonder where I get money from. Then, I remembered I have my own fanny pack collection. I bet y'all didn't even know, lol.

Elena just texted me to meet her at the cemetery. I nodded before going to type a response, in midst Caroline texts me to pick up my gown and I remind her that I already did. She messaged me back and I looked up to see if the lady was done. I grabbed my receipt and shoes, made my way out of the store.

I drive back to my house and my kittens greet me. They are so little and are my everything. I put them back in water because they are in love with their pool. Ricardo wanted to spend time with mommy because he followed me to my room and watched me get ready. I took the scarf off my head and unclamped my curlers. My hair was in a big ball of neat curls. I shook my head and leaned over shaking out of the back. I combed through the front and twirled my bangs.

I slide into my dress and then my gown. i placed my cap on last and I almost cried at the site. I'm finally graduating.. I can't believe it. It almost....hurts even.

I get a call from Elena and I answered and placed her on speaker. "Hey Elena, what's up?"

"You on your way?" She questioned.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Fries or onion rings?" She added. I perplexed for a second.

"Both. I'm starved. And I want two hamburgers with tomatoes, onions and-"

"Extra mayo.." We said together. I laughed before taking my diamond studs Nik sent me yesterday and putting them in each ear. "I know. I know."

I decide between my choker with my name on it or the necklace Nik got me. On instinct I grabbed the accessory gifted to me by the original hybrid bastard and I applied my lip gloss. I blew a kiss to my mirror and sprayed some perfume.