Chapter 20: The Originals

I just got out of the shower and my phone continues to ring. On the last ring I decide to answer and take the shirt of my head, that I was using to dry my wet hair.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hi, is this Arielle Gilbert?" A lady responds.

"Yes, this is she." I replied.

"Good. My name is Sara Langford and I am a current employee and Alumni for Xavier University of Louisiana located in New Orleans. I'm calling about your application and the status of your admission. You are aware that you applied here correct?"

"Yes, ma'am. XULA is my second choice school. Did you receive my application? Did something interfere with the process?" I inquired.

"No ma'am. With a grade point average of a 5.0 and an SAT score of 1500 and ACT of 34 you are more than well acquainted with the requirements of your application. Also your recommendation letters and essay was the icing on the cake. I have great news to inform you that we are offering a full ride academic scholarship to Xavier and you have the option to check out the campus today."

I took a moment to breathe. "Thank you much, Ms Langford. I will be honored to view your campus today."

"That is excellent news Ms. Gilbert I am happy to hear that. Give me a call when you are on your way and I will organize an explicit tour of Xavier. It was a pleasure to speak with you, see you soon." The phone hung up and I shouted with glee.

"Yes! Hell yes." I began jumping up and down my bed and I zoomed through my house a couple of times. After my pre-celebration to my acceptance to XULA I dialed Stefan's number and when he answered I screamed in his ear.

"Arielle. Ow! What the hell happened to you?"  My best Salvatore buddy disclosed to me.

"I got accepted into XULA!" I revealed. The phone went silent and then I heard a scream.

And my door flew open with Stefan diving on my bed hugging me. "Yes! You did it Elle." He high fives me and breathes heavily.

"You ran all the way over here just to celebrate me?" I asked him. He nods. "In your pajamas."

"I didn't even notice that its eight in the morning. When did it get eight in the morning?" He huffs. I laugh and I rub his back. "Come on I'll fix you your favorite breakfast meal. Squirrel blood pancakes."

"You, my best friend. Are my favorite person in the whole entire world, you know that right?" He admitted. I ruffled his hero hair before throwing him a pointed look.

"Don't let Lexi hear you say that." I warned. He rolled his eyes as we made it to my kitchen.

"Oh she already knows she's my favorite blonde." The younger Salvatore brother confessed.

"Same."

————-

After making Stefan breakfast, I order my roundtrip flight from Virginia to New Orleans. I make some damn good blood pancakes especially with blueberries. Delicious.

I begin to pack for overnight just in case my flight decides to take longer to get back.

I clean up my house approximately 424 times before I leave because I do not want anything out of place and also I will know if someone has been here.

I shot Stefan a simple yet straightforward text about occasionally dropping by the house.

steffie ! dont forget to check on Eduardo and Ricardo. I just put them in water and they should look how I left them. You have a duty as their Godfather to show them the love they deserve. Also, Ricardo says vinegar chips for the win!
stef⚡️: I'm not the Godfather of Ricardo anymore, he is disrespectful when it comes to eating junk food.