Chapter 10: After School Special

After Nik basically broke up with me and kicked me out of his house. I go back to my house and break everything in sight. Stefan was apparently sleep and rushed downstairs and stopped me from burning down the house.

"Throw it!" Stefan encouraged. And that's why we are here now.

"Arielle... come on.." He pegged. How to get over a breakup 101 with Stefan. It's 3am and I have an extremely low temper right now. I'm shattering everything in sight. I sighed heavily before I storm upstairs to my room.

-------

My ringtone blasted in my ears, indicating that someone is calling. I slide the decline button before it rings again. I yelled loudly before reluctantly answering.

"Goodbye." I muttered.

"Arielle Olivia Gilbert, where are you ?!" Caroline's incredibly assertive voice screamed in my ears.

"In my safe haven, the safest place on Earth. My home." I replied in choppy sentences.

"You know the tribute to Tyler's mom was today at school, right?" That made my eyes grow wide and I held my phone to my ear with my shoulder while zooming around my room to find clothes.

"Awe hell." I groaned. "Tyler's going to kill me." Caroline hums in agreement while I hop to fit my jeans on. I slid a loose long sleeve shirt on and put my leather jacket on over it.

"Uh, not only has he lost it. His ex best friend didn't even show up for support. Talk about livid." I rolled my eyes at my blonde bestfriend's statement.

"Thanks for cutting me slack on the judgement, Care. Duly noted." I responded with an altered smile she can't see.

"Besides the point. Is Stefan there ?" Caroline rendered. I grabbed my purse and keys before closing the door to my room.

"Yeah I think he's downstairs making breakfast." I answered going down the steps, into the kitchen. I see a note from Stefan with pancakes and sausage left on the island. I picked up the note. "Or not."

"Our beloved best friend is drinking himself away at the Mystic Grill. Don't worry I'll make sure he doesn't devour the whole liquor department. I may even help him." I hung up my phone before rushing to the Grill.

------------

"Really, Stef?" I pondered with a hand on my hip looking into his eyes.

"Our siblings slept together, Elle. I don't really have any safer way to cope." The sandy haired vampire spoke.

"-And it doesn't make any sense to just sap- Wait." I paused and stifled a laugh. "They slept together."

"Ahh. Someone has been withholding information from you. Ha. It was me." Stefan responds mid drink. I snatched the glass from him and downed it.

It feels like we've been there for hours and now I'm damn near drunk when Stefan gets a call.

"It's Caroline," He mouths. I nodded my head before throwing my twelfth glass into my mouth. The burn in the back of my throats pleases me as a close my eyes.

"Well, that's because I'm at a mandatory all- alone drinking party, until it was crashed by Elle." I shrug before pouring more bourbon into my glass. He sets his phone down and press the speaker button.

"Arielle!" The blonde screamed into the phone.

I held my head for a moment before groaning. "Ah, I can feel my brain grind against my skull."

"Well, maybe you should have persuaded Stefan to join us without influencing him to spiral more."

"Let's be real, Care. I should do a lot of things..."