Chapter 18: American Gothic

I wake up in a cold sweat and I am in my room. Laying my head back on the pillow, silently breathing I hear my door open and my bed dip.

"Drink." The British woman demanded. I groaned.

"Nayla leave me alone." I turned over and she ripped the comforter off of me. She felt the pressure of my head with the back of her hand.

"My heavens you are burning up. Arielle, drink." She insisted. I glared at the 500 year old hybrid and gulped down her mystery drink. Seconds, nonetheless, the concoction came up through my mouth and onto my floor.

"God, no." I whined. "I just got my floors done." My hands cover my forehead and Nayla cleaned up my spot.

"Oh my God its true." Nayla exclaimed. Her face lit up with glee. "You're sick."

I let out a light chuckle. Before getting up to go take a shower. "I must be going deaf too. Because I know for damn sure I didn't hear you right."

"Elle just go take a shower we will speak when you are done." The hybrid squealed and I kid you not Nayla has never acted so strangely. She's usually so calm and collected but now she favors the energizer bunny.

I check my phone before putting it back on the charger. I had messages from Stefan, Damon, Caroline and surprisingly Elena.

stef⚡️: in Willoughby w Damon, looking for Elena and Rebekah.

              they went to find Kat ?

stef⚡️: yup, Damon got his neck snapped trying to be the fun parent.

-

D: left for Pennsylvania, your twin snapped my neck. No more Mr Nice Guy
-

CareBear💛: Elly, I hope you feel better because you are Co-Head of prom committee and we've a lot to go through. Meet me at my house, call me when you're here.

CareBear💛: Also, sorry about last night. It hurt me too much to visit you. I feel like it's my fault. ❤️ xoxo

-

Elena: Attachment: 1 image. Having fun in New York without you

Elena: How do you shut Rebekah up?

-

After going through those wild messages I shake my head and run my shower. Stefan is a mess. Damon lacks the ability to understand that he is irresponsible. Caroline is my rock and a pain in certain areas. Elena is well.. the emotionless Elena.

After I get out the shower I begin to diffuse my hair rather than blow dry. It works better for my curls. I slip on my satin robe and go to my closet.

"Hey watch it," I say to my doppelgänger who is trying on my shoes.

"You have such small feet. How are we the same size but we aren't?" I glared at her before shoving her out of my closet.

"Mama needs her space." I muttered. Nayla whispers something to herself and I threw a pair of timberlands on her. She scoffed before going into the bathroom.

Scavenging through my items I finally found an outfit worth wearing. My beige skinny jeans, white tank top and a shall. I slide on my beige flats and go back into my bathroom.