Chapter 21

Mason walked into Connie's office dressed in his uniform.
"I hate the colour purple" he groaned.
Connie started laughing, "it suits you, anyway in the hospital I did my training in the HCA's had to wear a horrible shade of yellow" she told him.
"Suppose the purple ain't too bad then. Charlie said I had half an hour before I start, can I sit in here? Maybe you can fill me in on the staff?" Mason asked.
"Of course" Connie smiled then she moved from her desk chair and sat down on the couch holding Tali.
Mason sat down next to her, "so why did you warn Dr Knight he in particular wasn't allowed to get me drunk and hook me up with girls?" he asked.

Connie laughed, "he's a little eccentric, a player shall we say. Dr Hardy, the blonde Dr with the glasses is his brother Ethan, he's the more sensible of the brothers.
On reception there's Noel Garcia and Jack Diamond, literally the eyes and ears of the hospital, if you ever want the gossip, go to them.
Zoe, Dr Hanna, as a Doctor is excellent, as a friend, I keep my distance.
Then there's her husband, well estranged husband, Max Walker. He's the porter. Zoe cheated on him the night before their wedding. I've never really been close with him but from the few conversations I've had with him, he seems like a nice enough guy.
Rita Freeman is the clinical nurse manager, so she's also your boss. She framed me for murder.
Rita's sleeping with Iain Dean, the paramedic, ex army, seems like a decent guy. Good sense of humour.
Jez Andrews works with Iain, likes to have a mess about but he's a good paramedic.
Robyn is a staff nurse, probably has more energy and enthusiasm than most of the hospital put together.
Louise Tyler is also a staff nurse, she's lovely but isn't afraid to say what she means and doesn't stand for any messing.
Then there's Dr Dylan Keogh, can be quite grumpy but once you get to know him you'll understand his sense of humour but he never smiles.
David Hyde is a staff nurse, he's quiet but he's good friends with Robyn.
Dr Lily Chao, she's very passionate about her work, a brilliant doctor but can also be a little moody at times.
Dr Alicia Monroe is our F2, very promising, and a ray of sunshine.
Then finally there's Charlie, the heart and soul of this place. He's been here for thirty years and I don't know where I'd be without him" she said.

"Wow, that's a lot of personalities. From that, I'd say I'll get on with Max, Iain, Jez and Cal pretty well, Robyn and Alicia sound alright too. I'm going to make it my mission to make Dylan crack a smile. And I hate Rita already" Mason laughed.
"What she did was a while ago. I'm over it, so you don't need to hate her for it" Connie replied.
"Hmm, I'll see what I think of her" he said.
Connie laughed, "ok, now how about a cuddle from your baby sister before you start working?" she asked.
"Yeah" Mason smiled before taking Tali from Connie's arms.

He sat there holding her as Jacob walked in.
"I've never been asked so many questions in my entire life" he said as he sat down at Connie's desk.
She groaned, "they are all so nosey" she said.
"Hmm, but the funny thing is the question I was asked much more than any other was why Mason is allowed to drive your car but I'm not" he laughed.
Connie giggled and got up, moving over to her desk chair to perch herself on Jacob's knee.
"Be a good boy and I'll let you drive it at the weekend" she said as she cuddled into him.
"Yeah course you will" Jacob smirked.