Prologue I.

Zeus

"I'm pretty sure these guys are scratching their butts off to please the captain." Caleb told me as he stood up from the bleachers wiping his sweat off using the jersey he just removed. "We'll miss you, man!" He added.

Its been a week since I handed over the team captain post to Caleb. He's one great guy. We're like brothers. We've been like this since the day we were both given college scholarship to play for the The Hawks - the college basketball team - our team. Basketball is our game, that's how we roll, that's how we lived. He should have actually graduated along with me but this guy, can't seem to tell the difference when game time is game time and when timed out really is timed out. As a part of the so-called varsity tradition, these guys have put up a party for me. Yup, its the usual party with people, girls and booze but I really am looking forward to the gift besides, I'm guessing this will be the last for me to party. Last week marked my first week of unemployment. I had to ask my old man for a month extension before I dive into his corporate world.

Last year, when I took over as the team captain and as a farewell to my then captain ball brother, Zach, I had told three rookies to bring him girls. Trust me, it didn't take them a second to have the girls say yes. I mean, come on, all girls, even the nerdiest of the nerds drool over us. We can pick any girl we want and get ourselves inside their skirts in a breeze.

"Hey, Caleb! Promise me a three-peat would you?" I asked the now half naked Caleb who made his way to the shower.

"We got a pretty line up! It's in the bag, man!" he said in between the sound of the gushing water from the shower.

"How about you, morons?" I asked Tom and Carlson.

"I don't know. I am officially a bum now. You didn't know how difficult this week was waiting for this day." Tom said as he dried his hair up with a towel. "I didn't think leaving college was this hard, man!"

"I know! I was all excited last week until realization hit me too." Exclaimed Carlson. "We were treated like gods here and now we're a bunch of nobodies. You know how used you are in getting yourself loaded with a feast that didn't even take you a finger to prepare and now you have start working for every penny you make." He sighed.

"Yeah, I got you there, pal." I agreed.

The venue was sponsored by an alumna who also used to play for the college. The sight was not something new. College students and the newly grads flock the place. All sweating and body bumping. Beer continued to flow driving everyone crazy. Most of my guys have already found themselves their mates for tonight. Yup, only for tonight. I, on the other hand must make the most of it. This will be my last college party but no, no beer for me. I am indulging myself with a Double Black. A gift Zach gave me earlier. He said I should get myself used to this as there will be no longer be cheap beers as soon as I swam next to the corporate sharks. Oh well. I made my way to the bar and I knew a sudden stop in any place inside this bar would bring me something or a group of someone... girls.

I was closed to getting Gem to leave with me. She definitely was throwing herself at me. Girls, especially those who want to get in the circle of fame would do anything just so they could tell everyone in the campus that they had a night with a jock and in my case, the captain. It's like a merit added to them to level up their popularity status. I just give them what they want for as long as they don't ask for more, just sex. Their fame, my pleasure. Fair enough.

Gem's arms were anchored to mine and we were just about to exit the bar and get to the motel rooms, yeah rooms, the guys had reserved for us. We all intend to get banged tonight. Gem started giving me small bites on my neck as we waited for one of the rookies to get my car. Oh, she can't wait. Her hands were everywhere on me. Damn, she knew exactly where in my body to strike. She was close to getting her hands into my jeans to heed the calling of my angered member when my phone rang.

"Hhh... yeah?" I moaned. "What?" I'm not sure if I heard them right. Those stupid rookies, just to show off, abducted Selena Flores. The Selena Flores. The former president of the student council, the summa cum laude of the class and my nemesis.

I knew I've been pretty vocal with how much I hated her but it's not hate like I wanted to do something bad on her. She just kind of irritates me in some ways. She challenges me. For so many times, she had opposed, disagreed and bluntly rebuts any of my propositions.

My guys have told me to use my charm on her but I never wanted to do that. Girls worship me even without moving a muscle and they wanted me to woo her? Come on! Not in my book. I know she's pretty, no, beautiful is even an understatement but no one can make a Zeus Jacobs bow to a girl. Even of she happens to be the most beautiful and smartest in the college.

"You assholes! Wait for me!" I stood firmly leaving the wall I was resting on while Gem expertly pleasured me. "Sorry sweetheart, not tonight." I told Gem. I saw disappointment on her face. I hurriedly ran towards the car and left.