IX. Zoey

Selena

I was stone stiff to see Zeus' eyes glued on Zoey's. I know she's all me but her eyes and her wholeness screamed Zeus. Yes, he is her father. She was the result of that one night when I let my guards down. When I allowed him to will over me. That night when I had myself defeated by a Zeus Jacobs.

"I thought you were Uncle Zach. You looked like him." Zoey told Zeus and giggled.

"Uhm, I uhm, Zeus, call me Uncle Zeus? I'm Uncle Zach's brother." He answered which sounded more like he questioned.

Zach and Zeus have a lot of physical similarities . They are about the same height and built. Zeus' arms are firmer though and he would rather have his hair loose, swaying along with the wind while Zach's always fixed. Zeus has blue eyes, I hoped to see those in Zoey's and I did. Zach's are blue too but its a bit pale and most of the time they looked gray.

"Let's go, sweetheart. Our waffles our waiting." Mom called Zoey. She released herself from me and held on to mom's hand.

"Waffuys!"she cheered. "Bye, Uncle Chus! Come on, mom the waffuys are waiting."

I watched Zoey, dad and mom disappear from my eyes as they entered the mansion.

I turned my back on them to say goodbye to Zeus. He was staring blankly at the door where Zoey entered.

"Zeus..." I called him. "Zeus..." I called louder.

He stared at me, he stared at my face and pulled me in his arms. He cupped my face with both of his hands gently and kissed me sweeter, sweeter than any of the kisses we shared. I responded.

We stopped as we catch our breaths.

"Zoey..." he started.

"Not now Zeus... please." I begged.

His hands withdrew from cupping my face. His face dropped. Without a word, he turned his back on me and left.

I drowned my thoughts in a warm bath after we had breakfast. I excused myself from them, and mom, very understanding that she is, took Zoey to an ice cream parlor.

I lathered my vanilla scented body gel on to the loofah then I slowly trailed it on my skin, following the same direction where Zeus' hands trailed. I already miss him. I closed my eyes thinking how its all going to be after last night, after he found out about Zoey. I have not told him anything him yet but I knew that he realized the truth as soon as he saw her and him saying her name only confirmed it.

I felt an ache down there. I got sore from last night however it is the kind of sore that can only be cured by the cause. I ached for him.

I looked up at the bathroom ceiling, the edge of the roman tub supporting my neck. I let the warm water calm me down.

"Selena, you look pale." Liz told me as I reviewed the storyboards submitted to me this morning. I started staying with her in her apartment most of the time when I started joining F1. It's been almost a month since I assumed a part in advertising and marketing but it felt like I've been doing this forever.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired maybe. How can these clients have the same deadline anyway?" I said weakly.

"Well, the season's about to change and everyone wants their ads to keep up with the changes." She added.

"I almost forgot about that. You sure you really are from legal?" I joked. I stood up to refill my teacup with warm water when the world around me started swirling. It didn't take a few more seconds and the swirling disappeared so as my vision.

"Sel? Selena!" were the last words I heard from Liz.

I woke up and found myself laying down on a hospital bed. Liz' and mom's eyes were on me.

"What happened? How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Not for long dear." mom said. Her hand softly squeezing mine. I heard myself sighed relief knowing that my best girls are with me. I must have been working too much. Well, that's what I thought until I saw dad on my side, his eyes narrowed at the set of papers he's looking at. This can't be serious, I prayed.

"Who's the father?" dad asked, his voice stern.

"What? What are you talking about about?" I asked, clueless of what dad was referring to.

"I said, who is the father?" he asked again, louder this time throwing the papers at me and there it was, a set of letters, more like acronyms, it said pH and more, and number values and... and... positive. It said positive!

I felt my body turned cold, my hands quivered. I'm pregnant. That one night got me pregnant.

"For the last time, Selena, and you better be honest with me." my dad commanded. Mom's hands squeezed mine tighter. "Who.Is.The.Father?"

Tears freed themselves from my eyes. "Its Zeus dad, Zeus Jacobs." I said in between sobs.

"You mean, the Zeus Jacobs of "The" Jacobs?" he clarified. I nodded as I cried.

"Oh dear, why didn't you tell us that you have a boyfriend?" mom asked as she cried along with me.

"He has to know this. He has to be responsible." dad said raking his hair with his hands.

"No!" I screamed. I saw their eyes widened in disbelief. "He is not getting any where near me or my child!" Yes! I'm keeping the baby no matter where this argument leads to.

"What? Are you nuts?" dad asked again, curious.

"He's not my boyfriend, dad!" I said. I could already hear myself panting in between sobs.

"Oh god!" dad turned and punched the wall. "Did he force you?" he turned back to me again, his eyes were filled with worries. I didn't answer. "I don't care if he's a Jacob, he's going to jail." Dad was about to leave the room when I caught his arm.

"Dad, please..." I begged him.

I had to tell them the whole story. We knew how wealthy the Jacobs were and how strong of a connection they have here and there. Its not rape, I wasn't forced, not to my knowledge anyway. The motel's CCTV would have captured me leaving the premises freely. Zeus didn't give me a single bruise. He was in fact, gentle. Dad didn't believe me, he wanted the CCTV footage outside the student council office. He wanted to make use of the footage where Zeus' rookies grabbed me.

"Dad, stop!.. please." I pleaded with disgust at myself and anger with what happened. "Is that what you want? Because I know, this is not what I want! I don't want people talking about me in that manner. People having pity on me and worse, people thinking too low of me and your grandchild!" That's it. I exploded into uncontrollable sobs.