II. Zeus Awakened

Zeus

I almost kicked what's her name again? Oh! I can't remember. Anyway, yep I jerked when I heard my bedroom door yanked open and yes I almost kicked this naked woman slumbered on my abdomen.

"The fuck! Zeus! Wake up!" Zach called.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked Zach whose eyes are buried to the naked woman who didn't look like she would want to leave my side.

"Miss, Can I have some time with my brother?" He asked her irritatingly. "Alone!" He lingered to that last word but the dumb blond can't seem to comprehend.

"Hey bitch! He's telling you to leave." I scolded her.

"The name's Katy, you asshole!" She fired back as she zipped up her dress and stride her way outside my room barefeet.

"Can you believe that? I'm starting to believe that a huge percentage of blondes really are stupid." I chuckled but stopped when I sensed seriousness in Zach's furrowed eyebrows.

"Man up, fucked boy!" He said. "I can no longer cover your lazy ass from our old man's watch." He sighed pressing his nose bridge between his fingers. "Until when the fuck am I going to baby sit you?"

"Hey, loosen up!" I told him sheepishly as I sat down on the bed. "What's eating you? Its a weekend for heaven's sake."

"Weekend or no weekend you have to get the fucking up or god forbid, I will talk the old man into paying F1 off using your banking account!" He spatted at me. He must really be serious. Trying to grasp what he just told me, I forced myself out of the bed.

I tried my best to comprehend what he's been telling me. So yeah, our partner in advertising and marketing had been bought out by F1 and yeah F1 is asking for a price twice as much as we paid Adventura back then. Maximus can not afford to let go a huge sum of money since we are just about to introduce Maxima. Our sports apparel for ladies. What's the problem then? Oh, Lexner Ads cannot penetrate the bigger world of advertising because they are shamefully subpar compared to Adventura. How much more of a minute are they next to F1 then?

"Hey! Are you even getting this?" Zach called my attention again snapping his fingers on my face.

"Well, I guess we should go for it." I said and yes I was not mindful of what he just said.

"Have you brain gone into your dick?" He asked sarcastically. " If we submit ourselves to F1's demand that will cut down the budget in introducing Maxima to the market. If we don't, that would lessen Maximus' exposure and will definitely affect Maxima. F1 has the control to all sports channel in the country." He continued but I am still not getting it.

Zach and I are the closest people on earth. We are brothers after all but unlike him I chose to live. I do my job for the family's company anyway but hell, I won't allow it to take my life from me.

"Zeus, I will help you in this for the last time after which you are all by yourself." Zach said moving his gaze from me to the floor.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked him finally awakend.

"I'm not getting any younger and since I graduated from college Maximus had always been the reason for me to get up and work everyday. Its not that I will leave the company. I just, I just want to have something more than Maximus to look forward to everyday." Zach said and I know that from the expression I'm seeing in his face, he's dead serious.

"Woah! Have you found a girl? Are you getting married" I asked with excitement and disbelief. He had never introduce anyone to any of us. I know mom had been asking him to settle down but how can he when dad would always bug him because of the company's interests.

He's right. He's been baby sitting me for quite a long time. Its time that I take his place or should I say more of his workload and he gets to have a little more of fun like I do.

"Yes, I have found the girl but no I'm not getting married yet. I've met her before but when I saw her again..." he paused. "Quit it! There is no way you'll understand anyway." He chuckled embarrased.

"Come on! Open up. Who knows, you may just convince me to sharpen my head up there more than I sharpen my head down here." I joked but seriously, I love this guy so much that if working my butt out the way he does with his, I'd probably do it just to see him happy. I guess him baby sitting me had long been overdue anyway.

"I don't know. I can't explain. I just met her yesterday but you know how it is in movies. I'm sure you've seen one of those mellow dramatic movies just to woo a girl." He looked at me and I nodded to agree. "I barely know her but when I touched her hand for a handshake images came flashing on my mind. Me with her. House by the beach. I saw me running after our kids while she prepares the table for lunch." He said and its freaking me out on how dreamy he sounded when he said those things.

"Boy! You are so fucking whipped!" I teased him.

"I am, I really am." Zach admitted with a sly grin.

"So, what can I do to help?" I asked as I stood up from the breakfast bar.

"We'll have all weekend to plan ahead. We'll meet up with Ms. Flores and her team Monday morning. I talked to her yesterday. She refused to stick with the old pricing unless they put up some exceptions, exceptions that I believe would cause us great loss. I have something in mind though, I hope that helps or we'll just have to give in and compromise worse delay Maxima's introduction. Oh, that woman! She drives me crazy." Now that hit me.

"Flores, Selena Flores?" I asked in disbelief. Was it their meeting yesterday that drove him crazy or was it because she was referring to her when he mentioned settling in.

"Yes, her. The girl that beat you to having the summa. She's one fine smart bad ass creation. I tell you." Zach remarked, his fingers brushing his chin.

Selena Flores. Even her name spoke of her strength, wit and beauty. Has she gotten into Zachary as she had gotten in to me? I had her first but what if Zach had already fallen for her.

Monday morning. I never thought I'd look forward to working on a Monday not to mention it will be in the morning.