XI. Zeus' Wrath

Selena

The same Mercedes SUV stopped in front of the house but there was no Zeus who'd usually open the passenger door for me. It was Roco, his driver that did that.

"Where's Zeus?" I asked Roco.

"I don't know, Miss but when we spoke earlier, he ordered me to bring you to the warehouse safely." He said and we headed Jersey.

"Is he coming today?" I felt restless. I should have talked to him. I should have explained why I reacted that way when he mentioned Zoey.

"Mr. Jacobs did not mention anything about that, miss." He answered civilly and continued driving.

I went directly to the technology room where the electricity and connection have fully resumed. I smiled when I had turned everything on. I finally have figured out how the nasty remote control works.

"Okay?" I said talking to Maximus' team.

The TV ad teasers have kicked off pretty well and gave Maxima the public awareness and recognition it needed in a short span of time.

"We have an event coming." said the guy from Maximus' team. "Maximus will sponsor a charity event and we'll be expecting huge names from both the biz and politics."

"Good! Open a booth and sell Maxima. I want every stock out on that day for selling and make sure you keep me posted on how the figures run on that day." I said.

"Smart! We'll cover the booth." Ice said. "I'll get the art team do a backdrop for the photo booth."

"Hashtags! We need hashtags!" exclaimed Alicia.

"Maximus meets Maxima." Pete said.

"Nope, too weak." said Ice. Pete scratched the back of his head.

"Wait, I have something. Watch this." Alicia said. 

We all watched the video. It was taken from when Vito and Feliciana were first caught dating and were ambushed by the paparazzi. The big bellied, bearded guy followed them around asking questions and obviously pissing them off. 

"Vito, man! How long have you been dating?" the paparazzi asked him but Vito never responded and was trying all his best to secure Feliciana in his arms. There were more questions being shoved by the guy to Vito's face like, when and where did they meet, what he liked about her, we'll Vito's known for dating celebrities so this definitely is a new thing but there was one question that Vito answered and that was, "Why her?"

"She has it." a strong three word statement that Vito said. 

"She hast it!" my team and I cheered in unison.

"hashtag she has it." I said. "Maxima and she has it." lovely. "Make sure every picture taken would have the hashtags. Create a Maxima fan page. Post everything in there and tag everyone that purchased any Maxima item, celebrity or no celebrity, everyone."

I looked at the faces of Zeus' team. I don't think they are catching up with what my team would want to happen here.

"We will create a band wagon." I started explaining. "Any kind of outcome will give us a picture of how Maxima will be welcomed in the market." and they all nodded. "I want this incorporated in the story board."

"Maximus!" I jerked when I heard Zeus' voice from my behind. "I need the latest sales report." his team nodded. He walked towards the conference table and turned all the monitors off.

I sat down in a small couch at the end of the conference slash tech room. He rested his bum on the edge of the conference table facing me. There was silence.

"A-are you okay?" Why am I trembling?

His face showed no emotion. He just stared at me as if he's studying my face. I stood up to get closer to him. I don't now why but I just felt the need to feel myself being close to him. I placed the back of my hand on his forehead.

"Are you sick?" I asked.

 He didn't respond. All I felt were hands capturing me in an embrace. He held me close so my body would rest on him. I looked at his eyes. There were questions in there, uncertainties. I slid my hands at the back of his neck to draw him closer to me and kissed him.

I felt the warmth of kiss. I felt his need to have me. He responded passionately, his tongue explored my mouth. I like it his way. God, can it just be this way, always?

We both broke from the kiss to breathe, he rested his forehead against mine. His eyes closed.

"How long were you planning to keep this from me?" he asked. I knew he meant Zoey.

"I-I don't know. Look, Zeus, I wanted to let you know then but..." I failed to continue what I wanted to tell. Should I be honest and tell him that I judged him early on.

"What Selena? What?" he demanded for an answer.

"I- I have not thought of it yet." I said pulling myself away from him. Its true. Its not like I planned all these.

"Thought of what? Zoey knowing Zach but not knowing her own father. Is he a better person than I am?" he asked. I saw his eyes glistened from the tears he was holding back. Oh, Zeus.

"Oh no, please, Zeus. Don't think of it that way." I tried to assure him. I cupped his face to have his eyes look at mine hoping that he'd see the sincerity in there.

He kissed me but there was no sweetness in it. He was forcing his mouth in to mine. I pulled away from him but his grip on my back tightened.

"This is what you wanted right? This is the only thing you wanted from me?" he asked, his voice hoarse. His hands left my waist and grasped on my arms tightly, so tight it hurt.

"Zeus! You're hurting me!" I told him. I tried to pull away but each time I do, I get hurt more.

"Tell me,  does Zach do it better that I do?" He asked sarcastically.

"What the hell are you saying? Zeus, stop! Please." I begged but he didn't listen. He dragged us both back on the couch, he was on top of me. He locked his hands on my arms kissing me forcefully.

"Am I no good for you, Selena?" he said sternly. He sucked the skin of my neck and  I felt it hurt really bad.

"Stop! Please! No!" I begged. I didn't hear him answer. I closed my eyes and that drained my tears. Its happening again although its worse this time. I was anticipating the worse until it all stopped. 

I opened my eyes in shock. Zeus was on the floor on his butt. His lower lip bleeding. Zach was caressing his knuckles and was shaking his hand. He hit Zeus!

"Zach!" I squealed but all that came out was air.

"Selena! Let's get you out of here." Liz! I felt numb and I felt like my mind had stopped working. I felt Liz pulled me out of the couch and led me outside of the warehouse.