Chapter 13: Broken Memories

I opened my eyes slowly to the sound of shuffling and bright lights. I felt sleepy and heavy and I couldn't do anything my mind told me to do.

I looked over to see a man wearing a surgical mask and mumbling something to the lady beside him. I tried to talk but nothing came out. I felt my eyelids go heavy and I blanked out after.

I woke up again to see a man with brown hair, big puppy eyes and full pink lips staring at me.

Who is he?

I sat up slowly and groaned from the pain. "Seunghee." He walked up to me and my eyes widened.

He tried to hold my hand but I moved my hand away from him.

What is going on? Who is he? Why am I here?

"Seunghee, are you okay?" He asked me and his voice was soft, "Is your head hurting? Are you in pain?" He asked me again but I just stared at him, scared and confused.

He looked nervous and I could see the gears in his head turning as he was thinking about something.

"Seunghee... do you remember me?" His voice was shaky and high pitched now. He looked like he was about to cry.

I shook my head slowly and that's when his face turned pale. I kind of felt bad for saying that I didn't remember him but right now, I was the confused one here.

A man wearing a white coat entered the room who I knew was a doctor and the man who was talking to me walked to the back to let the doctor walk through towards me.

I looked at the doctor, nervous, scared and confused. The doctor looked at me and smiled which did not help reassure me at all. "Hi Seunghee, how are you feeling?" He asked quietly.

I nodded but stopped when my head started to hurt. "I'm good. But, doctor what is going on?" I asked.

He looked at me and sighed, "You were in an accident. Fortunately, you're okay but I would like to ask you something."

"Go ahead." I replied.

He took out his pen and looked at me. "What year is it?" He asked.

Wow, what a great question to ask someone who just got into an accident.

"2012." I replied.

He nodded, "Okay, but... I would like you to know that it's actually 2018, Seunghee." He said cautiously.

That's when everything hit me.

What? 2018? How? Why? What is going on?

The doctor noticed my worries and he gave me a small smile, "Don't worry, your parents will be here soon. We'll talk more about it then." He said and I nodded unable to speak.

The doctor walked out and I didn't notice that the other man from before already left.

Who was he anyway?

I lied my head down on the bed and a tear dropped down my cheek.

2018? What happened in those six years?

***

"Hyung!" I woke up to the sound of someone shouting outside and I blinked in confusion.