Chapter 18: Lie

It was Jimin...

The men placed Jimin's unconscious body on the stretcher and I lead them to the emergency room. Jimin's head was bloody and his face was pale and bruised.

It's okay Jimin... hold on.

I took an x-ray photo and looked to see how bad the injury was. "It's really serious." I noted to myself looking at the photo.

I told the nurses to contact Jimin's guardian and I watched Jimin lying there. "It's going to be okay..."

The next day I checked the IV and heard noises that were getting louder outside. "The doctor will come and talk to you. Please wait one moment." Hae Sook said to the guardian.

"But I want to see him." I heard a familiar voice. "Please..."

It was Seokjin.

I can't go out there. No...

"Doctor Kim, the guardian is here with others." She called to me and I nodded.

I looked around panicking and quickly put on a surgical mask that was inside the box. I walked out of the room and saw Seokjin and the other boys standing there nervously. Seokjin's hair was a jet black and he looked like he was doing well.

They all saw me and took a double take before bowing. "Hello, I'm Kim Seokjin. I am a close friend of Jimin's. Our manager will be here soon. Please, let us see him."

I nodded, "I see. We can't let anyone in yet. The patient is unconscious and we don't want to stress the patient when he wakes up. We will let you visit him when he gets better."

Seokjin, who was disappointed, looked at me and nodded. "I see. Thank you doctor..." He trailed off as he waited for me to say my name.

"Kim." I answered and he bowed. I left as quick as I could but I could still feel the others watching me from behind.

Hae Sook ran over to me and frowned, "Wearing a surgical mask while talking to a patient's guardian is a little disrespectful." She admitted and I felt my heart hurt.

I took off the mask and sighed, "I know but I can't help it."

She smirked, "Is it because the famous boy group BTS is right in front of your face?"

I instantly shook my head to deny her accusation. "No. I have my own reasons." She grinned before sarcastically saying, "Okay."

I walked to the info center and wrote down my report on how Jimin was doing until I heard subtle footsteps coming towards me. "Excuse me, doctor?" Someone called and I regretted turning around when I see Seokjin standing there with worry on his face.

His face drops and then he blinked a couple of times before stuttering. "Um...uh...oh sorry."

He bowed and I shook my head trying to hide my nervousness and uneasiness. "No need... how may I help you?"

He looked at me and then remembered what he was going to say. "Do you know when Jimin may be conscious again?" He asked hopefully.

I frowned as I raked my fingers through my hair, "I don't know. It depends on how bad his injuries had affected him and if he's really healthy, he may get better earlier."

Seokjin nodded and then bowed. "Thank you, Doctor Kim."

Before he left, he froze in his place as if something clicked in his head and then looked back at me. "Kim? Are you-"

"Hyung!" Jungkook ran over at the very crucial moment and I internally thanked him for doing so. "Namjoon hyung is looking for you." He said to his elder and then looked at me.

My hands started to sweat and I prayed for another interruption. "Wait... could you... no... are you-"

"Doctor Kim!" I turned around and saw Jinyoung running over. "Jinyoung ah." I sigh quietly in relief.

"Patient 492 is in the emergency room. Please help us with the surgery." He said and I looked at the two boys behind me who were still in a daze.

I bowed to Seokjin and Jungkook as I followed Jinyoung to the surgery room.

***

I removed the bloodied gloves and threw them out in the garbage bin. I walked out and decided to go up to Jimin's room to check on him.

Walking in his room I saw a sleeping Jimin with an oxygen mask on and tubes inserted in his wrist, nose and arms.

I stood next to his bed and watched him sleeping peacefully. "Oppa... it's me, Seunghee. This is probably the first time I called you oppa genuinely. You'll feel better soon. The others are waiting for you to wake up."

I checked his vitals and then sat down on the chair that was next to his cot. "I know I don't deserve to talk to you guys, that's why I'm hiding my identity from all of them. I won't reveal myself to you guys because it would be unnecessary to say my name."

I smiled softly, "I see that the guys are doing alright. I can tell oppa is working out." I chuckled.

Jimin's face was still the same and his breathing was still at the same constant tempo as it was before. I kind of hoped that he would have woken up when I asked him to wake up.

"Alright oppa, I have to get back to work. See you tomorrow." I said before walking out of the room.

It's been three days and Jimin still hasn't woken up. The guys would visit Jimin every day at five since their work ends at three. They'd stay there for an hour until they would leave again and then come back to visit at ten.

During that schedule, I would go into Jimin's room at three to check his vitals and how he was doing and then come back at seven when the guys were gone.

I didn't want to upset them by seeing them everyday so I try to avoid meeting them as much as possible.

The guys finally left a half an hour later than their usual visit. I walked inside Jimin's room and checked his pulse. Everything seemed to be alright.

I heard shuffling and I looked to see Jimin moving around in his sleep. I touched his arm, "Jimin ssi, please stop moving."

He stops and then slowly his eyes opened until they met mine. His eyes widened and he tried to talk but the oxygen mask swallowed up his words.

I took the oxygen mask off and he evens his breathing. Then, he looked over at me. "Seunghee..."

My heart started racing. I looked at the ground to avoid his eye contact. "I'm not Seunghee."

"Yeah you are." He grinned confidently. "You talk to me every day. Even though I can't see you, I can still hear you." He said as he pointed to his right ear and I smiled.

A tear fell down my cheek and he gave me a small smirk. "Don't cry now. I missed you so much, we all did." He said.

I nodded, "I missed all of you too."

He lifted his arm and held my hand. "Why aren't you telling everyone else that your Seunghee?"

"I don't want to be a bother to them. After that incident, I can't show my face to you guys." I said.

He frowned and then replaced it with a smile. "You aren't a bother. We really missed you. If the others found out that you're here, it would mean so much to them."

I stopped him and then looked at him seriously, "Please don't tell them that I'm here. I'll tell them but right now it's not the time." I begged.

He thought for a moment before nodding. "Okay."