Chapter 8- Research

Cody:

  'I'm home!' I shouted my mom came into the hall. A beer bottle in her hand and a cigarette in the other, her hair was everywhere. Even though it was only six in the evening.

  'Shut up! My head, you Idiot!' she gave out in a whispered. Ever since my dad left she's been depressed and resorted to drinking. I never met him, I never asked about him, Mom just ignored me or shouted at me or… hurt me

  'Sorry mom.' I said quietly

  'Whatever' she dismissed and went back into the cluttered sitting room where she was either watching a soap opera or talking to another guy that would treat her like crap. I ran upstairs where my little sister was in her room. I opened the door, she waved up at me without a smile.

   ‘Did she hurt you, today?’ I asked under my breath. She shook her head. My mother hadn’t touched her since the last time. Last time she had beat her for asking about our dad. I stood infront of her and grabbed my mother’s arm. ‘No!’ was all I had to say. She turned away with something like a grin on her face and walked out of the room.

   ‘Good’ I smiled and gave her a hug ‘Are you okay?’

   ‘yeah… I’m alright.’ She said quietly.

   ‘You know you can talk to me…’

   ‘I know’ she nodded ‘Thanks’ I smiled

   ‘It’s okay. I love you’ she was the main reason I didn’t report my mother’s behavior. I couldn’t be separated from her. She needed me. We needed each other.

I strode into my room and flung myself into the chair at the desk and turned on my computer and looked up mixed up monsters

There were pictured of a green, slimy Cyclops with two noses and an orange-brown Lochness monster thingy with wings but nothing there was anything like Lexie.

I then looked up her ancestor 'Phoebe Jones', which she told me the name of when she walked me home. There was no trace of her either.

   Then I looked up potions and spells to see was there a cure for this, but surely her or her relatives would have found it before me. There was nothing there either I spent hours on the computer and got a headache from looking at the damn screen too long.

I went to bed and had a disturbing dream. Lexie was married to a monster-person who could understand her she lived in a big house with pets and children then I saw her husband, a were-wolf, he didn't treat her right or the kids. I felt angry I wouldn't let that happen. I then decided 'she would be mine!'

   The next day in school she wasn't there. Maybe she had moved or was to embarrased or changed schools.

I walked through the green, she usually came around the time I did. I walked through the halls alone. I missed her laughing and taking which woke me up and cheered me up in the mornings

   'where's your girlfriend?' Max asked

   'I don't know' I said he was surprised I didn't deny it.

   'where's Lexie?' Tyrah asked running up to join the conversation

   'I don't know!' I rolled my eyes

   'Well, Sorr-eehhyyyyyy!' she said emphasising the second syllable 'what's wrong with you?' she snapped

   'Nothing, never mind, sorry' I said 'I'm just in a bad mood'

   'I could have told you that, Cody what's wrong?' she asked, then grinned

   'What?' I demanded I turned and saw Lexie running for me. She wrapped her arms around me

   'Hi' I said smiling

   'I'm so sorry. Thanks for understanding me' she whispered,

   'it's fine' I smiled, I hugged her back I was so happy she hadn't left