Chapter 16- Run

Chapter 16

Lexie

A butler ran through the door, looking flustered and rushed.

   'Your highnesses' he choked out 'The Queen. Th-The other queen is outside the walls and about to break through the gates!' The royal family looked at eachother in worry. The children were escorted out by their nannies and the king and queen were rushed off my maids. We followed hastily, Cody grabbing my hand. Ornaments and portraits vibrated and fell off the shelves and walls. I heard doors open and slam and heavy footsteps in the distance. We were rushed into an underground room. We sat down on cold, uncomfortable, wooden benches. Cody pulled me onto his lap. The children started crying in panic. A maid ran into the small, crowded room

   'They w-want the couple' she gasped out of breath. Cody and I looked at eachother. I gave him a look that said "should we?" he noddded. We stood

   'Lexie,' my dad begain 'No. What are you doing?'

   'We're going to confront the other queen...' I pointed out, motioning towards the door. he shook his head in a warning. I smiled reasuringly. He shrugged and let us go. 

     I held Cody's hand tightly. I opened the door and we both walked through the garden and approached a huge queen and her train. Cody turned around to face her from where he was examining the garden when he nearly fell down. He went pale and his eyes bulged from his head. He stopped in his tracks and gasped

   'Oh my God!' he choked out

   'Cody!' i exclaimed and bent down to see his face 'Cody? are you okay?' 

  'No! Oh my God, Oh Holy crap!' he started to edge near hyperventalation.

   'Cody, what's going on?'

   'Cody?!' I turned to face the queen 'is that you?'  

   'What's going on?!' I yelled

   'Hey... mom...'

   'Hold on! Your MOM is the EVIL queen!' i screetched

  'Hey! I'm not EVIL!' she yelled at me.'I'm powerful!'

   'Powerful! That is not power! You're subjects don't respect you! They fear you!!!'

   'Mom! M-Mom. What is going on?! What are you doing here?!' Cody said, chnging the subject before The Queen ripped my head from my shoulders.

   'You're half of the forbidden couple?!' she screamed

   'What? We're not forbidden!' Cody yelled. i looked at him with a smile and noticed he was shivering.

  'Cody? Cody!'

   'Oh my frickin' God, Dad?' he stepped forward, ignoring me but still shaking.

   'Dad! You-You're a...'

   'Dorphling... kind of' I finished. but he wasn't green... he was black and kind of mutated with boils and completely white eyes. That's what all her army looked like. but he had a difference, slightly more grotesque. Like a first draft... a first example.

   'Crap...' the queen cursed colourfully to herself 'They know too much' The queen hissed. i grabbed Cody's hand again.

   'Cody?' I whispered

   'Yeah?' he replied quietly

   'Run...on one' I edged backwards, he followed, 'two' i repeated the motion '...three!' We turned and ran for our lives. We helped eachother climb over the gates with the Dorphling things following quickly. We ran towards the Forest that surrounded the mansion. Running down stoney pathways as the "minnions" gained on us. I sighed in frustration. The queen didn't want Cody. She didn't want to kill her son! I smiled as i thought about this. 

   'Cody... Run and climb that tree!' I ordered

   'No! Are you crazy?! I'm not leaving you alone to run from them!' he replied

   'I'll be right behind you... Just promise you won't leave that tree until the... Things behind us are gone, okay. Promise, no matter what!'

   'Sure, of coarse. I promise' he nodded. i pushed him towards the tree I kept running as he climbed it, he thought I was behind him. I couldn't see his reaction when he saw i wasn't there with him because I had past by that time. Luckily the "minnions" followed me. I ran and ran. My lungs were burning, my limbs aching, my hair falling across my face, my heart pounding like a drum against my ribcage, sweat dripped along my jaw bone,  my eyes watering, their way of complaining against the force of the violent wind, pushing me towards defeat(.. like my History teacher...). I felt like a machine over-heating about to shut down and  I did. I blacked out. Then I was pounced on by the "minions"...