Chapter 15- A Visit To The Queen

Chapter 15

Cody

I drank something that looked like vomit out of Lexie's dad's beaker. Nothing else happened but as Lexia had said I'd grown and gotten stronger, my senses were hightened, I was a little bit faster and I was more agile and thankfully I wasn't green or slimey. I was actually happier now. I could stay with Lexie, I was still human and I was faster, stronger and bassically better.

    I was way better at football now. I was leaving football practise when Lexie was waiting outside for me. The football practise was in the school gym on wednesdays

   'hey, Cody. We've been called to see the Queen now, please tell me you have a change of clothes!' she said, I nodded, motioning to my gym bag. 'Good, go get changed!' she said pointing back to the gym, I sighed and turned around. 

   I came back out and Lexie was in her dad's car. I climbed in and she smiled and handed me a hair brush. I smiled and shook my head, I  brushed my hand through my hair

   'done!' I announced, she smiled at me.

   We arrived at a forest and got out we walked, what felt like a mile when we came to a clearing. 

   'Okay Cody you have to take a running jump, watch Dad' he stepped back and ran toward a large oak tree, I was expecting him to bang into the tree. This was too insane! he disappered! He was gone! I kept staring at the tree. Lexie took my hand and looked up at me. 'ready?' she asked, I swallowed and nodded We ran at full speed. I cringed, expecting a concussion, I felt something like when you jump into a pool, but not wet and I could breathe. I looked around, there were different types of monsters just strolling around like everyone at home in the city, it was so cool to see. Lexie held my hand and started walking through the street. she was breathing heavily and was shaking

   'Lexie, it's okay.'  she shook her head and swallowed

   'What if the say we can't be together?' she asked, looking me right in the eyes.

   'I don't know... We could date in secrecy?' I smiled and hugged her to my side. She snorted. 

     We later approached large black gates. They opened revealing a large yard. We walked up the path of the garden with  roses, tulips, lillies in a pond et cetera. We came to a large mansion, but not a castle. the doors opened and a man in a tuxedo and... fangs led us to large room. there was a women and a man were sitting at the end of the room. the women was in a white dress, she had blond hair and wore a tiara. The man wore a subtle crown on his black hair and a tuxedo. There were two children sitting either side of their mother. A girl, who was wearing a pink dress and had a ribbon in her auburn hair and a younger boy who was wearing a sweater and really clean trousers. The women smiled and nodded but stayed seated.

   'Hello, Alexa' She greeted, Lexie discreetly cringed.

   'You're Majesty' her dad bowed,she curtsied, I nearly laughed aloud. she tugged my sleeve and I bowed too. We all straightened, she looked expectantly at her dad. He nodded, subtlly.

   'Why have you requested our presence, my queen?' he asked

   'I would like to explain myself for sending the Dorphling to change Mister Cody.' her smile was sweet and full of sinserity. 'You see, as you may, or may not know, there are certain species of Worsles that can see the future. they saw that the relationship between Alexa and Cody would forever last...' Leie and I shared a look and ugged one another 'But... they also saw this world would not be safe for him. They safest option was to change him' she explained.

   'You're... Highness?' I began, unsure of what I was doing. Lexie shot me a warning glance. I contiinued anyway. 'I really don't think Lexie is as dangerous as is made out. I know a person's life was nearly taken away, but they're still alive...' I pointed out. The queen nodded in understanding.

   'Do you request to be shown?' she asked. Before I could give a proper answer she nooded 'as you wish' I heard Lexie's breath caught in her throat.

   'No... Please... Don't!' she cried. I was confused. She only changed at a certain time on a certain day. The Queen requested a horn. A petite servant girl scurried, quickly into the room. She held a cream coloured horn, the texture looked of one like a shell. It looked like a French horn but twisted, like a loop-the-loop in the middle. The king reached for it and smiled as a thank you. His plump cheeks rising as he smiled. The girl mouthed a small

   'You're welcome' and hurried out of the room.

   'Father?' the son looked up at him 'Can I, please?' His father nodded and handed his son the horn.

   'This is used on Werewolf puppies, to see if they change on full mons or when ever they want. It hypnotises the person's inner monster and convinces them it is their time to come out. For a Werewolf if we blow it and they change it means they change only a full moon. This will show you how dangerous she is. Do not be frightened, we have guards to protect you when it gets out of hand.'

   'No! Don't, Please!' Lexie begged

   'Your Majesty! Please, is this really neccesary?' her father asked

   'Yes, Christopher. The boy wishes to see'

   'Your Highness... It's okay!' I tried to convince her

   'No. You must see.' she said matter of factly. Before I could press further, she nodded at her son and he blew the horn. Lexie fell to the floor. Her hair caught on fire, from the roots down. Her skin fadded to a lavender. Her finger nails elongated to claws. She looked up at me, her pupils were slit and her eyes were an orange- honey yellow. Fangs looked ass if the spilt over her lips. Her eyes looked around and growled. She jumped up. She circled me, her throat moved as if she was starving but their was a plate of warm cookies placed before her. She stopped when she came to the front of me. The guards stepped forward to protect me. She pounced towards me...

     She stopped three centimetres from my throat. She stepped back, she gazed into my eyes, recognotion flashed through hers. She stepped away and swallowed. She fell to her knees and pulled at her... hair, well, fire. Her back was rising and falling as she breathed heavily. She started shaking. I knelt beside her. She looked up at me, tears spilled from her eyes. I held her hand and whispered

   'Lexie, it's okay. I'm here' I tried to soothe her. she wiped her tears. the water left a tear left a trail of scales. she nodded

   'Cody...' her voice was the same as her usual voice. I smiled

   'Yeah, Lexie. It's me.' We looked up at the queen. Her face was dripping with surprise and disbelief, she nodded at her son and he blew the horn again. She shifted back and hugged me, tight.

   'I love you!' she smiled

   'And now I know it for sure!' I replied.