Chapter 19- Searching and Discoveries

Chapter 19 

Searching and discoveries

Seth: 

I trudged through the forest. My legs were shaking, I thought it was nerves, but so were my hands. No, everything was shaking. But I kept going. For Lexie. But I was shaking, really violently, like tremours. Eventually my legs gave out, unable to carry the weight. I shut down. Blacked out.

     I woke up. It was starting to get darker. But everything was easier to see but discoloured. I sat up slowly and rested against a tree. I looked down, inspecying myself. A scream nearly escaped from my lips. I was black, like the Dorphling mutations! I wasn't like... my dad... I was like the others. 

     I got up and started to run. Lexie could have been in real trouble. The trees rushed past me, like I was in a car. I was going at insane speed. It was like the things I had gotten from the Dorphling bite had increased. I hated the way I looked and didn't understand why the hell I looked like that but this extra power was handy, and this form could help me sneak around the house or castle or where ever my... mother lives. I keep running, following the footprints the minion things left behind them. I also felt more powerful. Stronger too. 

     I finally reached a giant house, not as big as The Good Queen''s though. I strolled coolly as if I belonged there. When I was out of sight, in an abandoned part of the mansion, I ran, searching for the basement or dungeon or what ever my mother, dearest had. I was almost possitive she was there. I found a large, wooden door. I was around a foot away from the door when it was flung open. The Dorphling mutation, my dad first draft ran through. He held Lexie's wrist. my stomach fluttered and I felt like laughing and screaming at the same time. They both took down the Dorphling mutations that were standing guard either side of the door. As I ran towards her to they both took stance to take me down too.

   'No! Lexie wait!' I said, quickly I put my arms up infront of me to keep her back. She froze and narrowed her eyes, she looked me up and down, suspiciously.

   'Cody...?' a smile played on her lips. she through her arms around me

   'Hello, Son' the Dorphling mutaion that had held Lexie's hand

  'Cody, your dad, he helped me. his name is Doug' she explained as she stepped back to look at me.

   'Oh?' I commented. she nodded

   'Cody, you stopped shaking and, how do you look like a mutation?'

   'I... I don't know. I'll explain later, now we have to leave as soon as possible'. I grabbed her hand and started to run down the corridor. I looked behind and saw Doug left there, looking torn 'Well... Dad? Are you coming?' he smiled, delighted and nodded enthusiastically. He started running behind us. We ran up some stairs, I slowly opened the wooden door and checked to see there was no one there. We scurried through a wide hall. Doug ran infront of me and motioned for us to follow him. He ran into an emoty room and opened one of the full length windows. He jumped out and Lexie followed she held her hand out to me, I grabbed it and jumped out. This time I jumped first, my new strength made it easy to jump the wall and I sat on the top. Doug lifted Lexie to me and I hauled her up beside me. She smiled at me and grabbed a near by branch, she jumped and swung from it and landed on her feet and fell on her knees on the ground. I smiled to myself and then helped Doug up. He pat my back and smiled and jumped to the ground and I followed. we started sprinting through the trees. We saw a few mutaions walking by, they did a double take when they saw Lexie.

   'Um... we were ordered to take this' I poked Lexie in the ribs 'Into the woods and...dispose of her' I tried  to give them an evil grin but I could feel that I had failed. They nodded  as if they understood, but before we could take another step we were surrounded. Some of the Mutations held our arms behind our backs and shoved us to the ground. Mud splashed on our faces. I could hear Lexie curse to herself. She glanced over at Doug to check if he had heard her, even in the situation we were in she still cared about what my father thought of her. My mother stepped out of the crowd. Lexie spat at her feet, obviously not caring of her inpression of her. Luckily she ignored it.