6.UNDER MY UMBRELLA

The days passed by and Frank and Gerard were closer every day.

Most of their mates were still not being really friendly with them, they actually kept bothering them laughing at the fact that they went together everywhere saying: "Oh, look how cute, the weirdo and the greedy one together" especially talking about Frank's bisexuality although he ignored them seemingly calmed. Even though he was used to every kind of mockeries, Gerard felt attacked not because of what they said to himself but more because of what they said about his friend. Even so, now they had each other's company and support and the two of them were sure that nothing could change that.

  That day it was raining again and since the rain had been advertised in the morning by the sky thanks to those thick clouds that filled it Gerard had taken an old and grey umbrella just in case.

Mikey hurried up after saying goodbye to his brother and his friend while Gerard and Frank were already in the lockers. That's why they got out a bit later than usually and since it was raining that day there were a lot of more people who took the school bus. When they arrived there wasn't enough space in it. Just like many others, they wouls have to go walking.

"Ugh, we've lost the bus..." Frank mumbled complaining.

"Well, if you want we can share my umbrella." Gerard said and Frank nodded.

It was a small umbrella, which made them have to walk really close to each other so there was a lot of body contact between them. It was sort of awkward but, although he didn't couls tell why, it made Gerard feel a strange but nice sensation.

There was nothing wrong with it, they were friends... Right? They had supported and had been by each other's side all the time. Together under the rain protecting themselves so it didn't touch them.

  Also, sharing an umbrella was the least thing Gerard could do for Frank after all.

Every school day had been like walking under the rain, even sometimes a storm, without protection to Gerard. Trying to avoid the thick drops that some black clouds, his bullies, let fall on him trying to hurt him.

Frank had arrived and besides his wonderful company he had brought an umbrella which would protect the two of them. An umbrella which was probably as old as the one they were using in that moment since Frank had already surely have to use it sometimes.

However, unlike Gerard's grey umbrella, Frank's was full of color and light, illuminating the darkests storms. Frank's umbrella was symbloic and non-material but it was much more useful and meaningful that Gerard's, that was for sure. Gerard didn't knew how and he would probably could never thank him enough that magic invisible umbrella's existence.

  They walked in silence, each one lost in his own thoughts but without knowing that the two of them were completely conscious of the forced body contact betweent them.

They were already in front of Frank's house, who turned around facing the other boy to say goodbye. However, something made both of them stay still impeding them move or say a word. They were forced to keep enjoying each other's company, keep thinking and, one of them baffled but ecstatic by how their arms had been touching as they walked.

Frank looked at the other boy's eyes as Gerard suddenly felt really nervous but also happy that Frank was still there. Why didn't he go? Suddenly, it seemed like the old umbrella didn't isolate them from the rain but the whole world. It was as if they were the only existing ones, protected by each other.

It seemed like Frank was about to say something. Or do something... Was he going to kiss him? Or it was just him? Why was he suddenly so nervous? He had to calm down, it was okay, it was just...

Then Frank said something fo first time in a shyly way.

"Well, goodbye, Gerard." he said looking at the ground almost in a whisper.

"Bye, Frank."

Gerard didn't wait the shorter boy to get inside his house, we wanted to run away from that recent confusing and kind of awkward situation as soon as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I leave you my twitter acc here in case you want to have fun, fangirl together and you don't mind me to annoy you with my problems: ✘Broken Inside✘ (@laguipikiyokian): https://twitter.com/laguipikiyokian?s=09