Chapter 18 - I'm just done

Suzanna: Azora what is going on with my brother? He hasn't spoken to me in three days?

Me: TJ and Damion had a fight, like they literally punched each other and got stitches. That was three days ago and he's quite to me too. I'm really worried. The day after they fought he spend the day with me, he said he will try to make amends if I would. Damion and I have been texting since, but it sounds to me like they still haven't talked to one another.

Suzanna: You need to go there and figure this out, before you go back home. I don't want him to be left in the state he is in. Fix this Azora!

Me: That's not fair Suzi, it's their problems not mine. They have to fix it themselves, but I'll check on both of them, something is definitely up.

Suzanna: I know I'm sorry. I'm just not used to his behavior even my mom is worried. Let me know how it went.

Me: Sure thing.

I sigh and put down my phone, I was hoping to avoid having to deal with both of them at the same time but looks like that won't happen. Damion and I have been talking things through, but I know some things cannot be spoken over the phone they have to be done face to face. I need to know where I stand emotionally with him and I have to figure out where I want to go with TJ.

I decided to just go and see what happens, hear what is going on. I got dressed in skinny jeans and an off-the-shoulder green shirt that asks "Did you get the picture?"

"Mom?"

"In the kitchen honey!"

As I enter the kitchen I could smell all the yummy food. "Um ... I'm going to TJ's ..." My mom almost dropped the pot she was holding. "because um ..." why do I feel so uneasy? "something's up with him and I'm worried. I don't know if I'll be back for dinner." Her eye started to twitch, yea know I remember why I'm nervous, she hates it when she started dinner and someone tells her they won't be joining at the last minute. If you tell her before she starts to cook its fine but when she's busy or done ... well let's just say you have to run.

"I'm only not freaking out, because you're going to TJ and also because I know it's going bad." My mom sighs and puts down the pot. "His mom called this morning, he refuses to come out of his room since yesterday. Apparently he and Damion did talk when he got back from us, but then yesterday they had another huge argument, he hit Damion again and locked himself in."

"Why hasn't anyone told me!?"

My mom walks towards me and grabs my hand "Because we want them to sort it out, but when his mom called this morning she wanted you to go over there and see if you can get him out of his room. I did not tell you because I don't want you to be in the middle of TJ's and Damion's fight."

I sigh frustrated at the whole situation."Mom I understand, but you still did not have the right to keep this from me. I care for them both and I know I need to figure out my emotions and the only way to do it is to face both of them. I love you, but don't keep something like this away from me again please. I don't know when I'll come back tonight, but I'll text you and let you know."

"Okay be safe honey."

"I will." I kiss her on the cheek and left.

~~~~~~

I've been sitting in the car for a couple of minutes in front of TJ's parents' house, trying to get enough courage to get out of the car. Come on Azora you can do this. You have to do this, for TJ and for yourself.

I got out and just before I could knock the door flew open. "Oh thank goodness you are here! Come in, come in" Tracy, TJ's mom, practically dragged me into the house and into the kitchen not wasting anytime. "When he came home from that day with you he talked to Damion. It seemed like they got to an understanding, I was so happy and relieved, but then yesterday I overheard them yelling at one another something about Damian that has been texting someone?" I groaned and rested my head on the breakfast counter. So that's what this is all about.