Chapter 11 - Part 2

TJ's POV

It has been a long day, with all the traveling and now the party. Why my mom always say it is something small but ends up being big, always slips my mind. I am, however, very happy I can see my Sister again and finally meet her boyfriend, Keven. She has shown me some pictures of the two of them and when I realized it was my Crazy Cat's brother my heart started aching all over again ... oh how I miss her. I never told my sister I knew him, knowing she would keep asking questions and for that I never had the strength. She is always so inquisitive and very persistent.

So here I am, my mind wondering back to Azora, where she is, what she is doing and if she is living a good life. As I got deeper in thought I zoned out the slight hum of all the people talking, staring at the fire without looking. Mason came and stood next to me nudging me on the shoulder, tearing me back to reality. As I looked up I saw Suzanna walking in the room, looking stunning but I could see she feels uncomfortable, she never whore such short dresses but I like it. I stretched my arms out not even paying attention to everyone that is walking with her. "Hey look who it is! It's our little sister!"

The moment Suzanna stepped forward to hug me, my eyes caught her, standing tall and proud, looking even more like a goddess than ever before. Our eyes locked and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I never thought I would see her again. I just stood staring at her, letting my sister go. She looked gorgeous in that dress and her red lips. When did she get this confident? She has truly turned into a strong confident women, is this really my Crazy Cat? What is up with the hair? I barely heard my sister start the introductions, but what brought me out of my haze completely was her voice, even if it was just a whisper. "TJ"

I recovered quickly not wanting to look like an idiot and straitened up, giving a small wave towards her. "Hallo Azora, it's been a long time." "You know each other?" My sister asked confused and I groaned inwardly, here comes the endless questions. "Yea, actually I know all the members of the Steal Family. Nice to see you again Roza, Roger." I nod in their direction but my eyes did not stray from Azora's.

"How do you know one another?" here we go with the questions from Suzanna.  I could see Azora groaning inwards so I decided to speak up "We have a mutual friend." My words barely left my mouth when Azora scoffed and corrected me quite bitterly "had a mutual friend." Everyone looked between the both of us but I ignored them. I still can't believe she is standing in front of me after all these years.

Conversation somehow changed to small talk and I could see Azora looking every now and then over her shoulder, probably looking for our mutual friend. I kept trying to make eye contact with her while still looking interested in the conversation but she refuses to look at me, fidgeting with her purse in her hands.

We continued to talk until it was time for dinner and by now I was burning to have some time alone with her, trying to figure out what is going on in her head. One thing was clear, she does not want to see him and that puts me at ease. She did not come back to see him, so why is she here?

I was seated a couple of seats away from her, but luckily across the other side of the table so I could still see her clearly. My eyes wondered on their own towards her as if a force is pulling me to her. I watched her every move trying to burn it in my memory not sure when I'll be seeing her again. Her movements was more elegant then 5 years ago, even though I could see she was tense.

Every minute felt like hours and when dinner was over I lost track of her. As I walked through the house looking for her, people would start conversation with me slowing the process down, which in return made me more frustrated. After an hour of searching my hope diminished, she probably went home not wanting to see me. I wondered to the back yard and to my surprise and luck, Azora stood looking at the fountain with her back towards me. I wish I could just wrap my arms around her, spilling my guts there and then, but somehow I managed to resist the urge.