Chapter 8 - The jump

"Hallo?" I'm still half asleep when I answer my phone not even bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Hi sis!" I winch at the extra squeaky voice my brother tries to make.

"What time is it?" I can feel it's still early and I'm already cranky from lack of sleep not in the mood for his cheerfulness.

"Oh just about around ... 5AM." He said it as if its an everyday thing.

"WHAT!? Why are you calling me this early Keven? Better yet I'm hanging up now and going to go back to sleep and when I wake up you better have an excellent 'I'm sorry I woke you up so early' gift!" What is wrong with him? He is absolutely insane, this time I'm convinced of it.

"Nooo, please sis, hear me out okay?" I grumble in response. "I want to spend the day with you please? Just you and me no one else I promise."

"Meaning, Suzanne stays at home or where ever without interrupting us for one whole day? No texts, no calls, nada?" This just sounds too good to be true. She hasn't left Keven's side since they arrived four days ago. I'm starting to think she never leaves his side and yes we barely speak to one another and when we do its very forced, but she did calm down with the snide comments.

"Yes. Azora I promise. I will put off my phone and won't tell her where we are going. The only thing she'll know is that I'm spending the day with you and should be back before 10PM tonight."

I nod as he talks over the phone but quickly realize he can't see me. "Okay sounds fine, but let me sleep now. Why in your right mind would you want to tell me this so bloody early in the morning?" I press my finger against the side of my head massaging it already feeling a headache coming on.

"Well ... that's because I'm actually in front of the house and can't come in. Mom doesn't leave the spare key where she always does, so ..." He trails of knowing I would catch on.

Unwillingly I got up from my warm and cozy bed walking towards the door, still not happy with him waking me up this early."And you are here this early why?"

"Like I said, we are spending the day together so open sesame!" Just as he said the last word I yank open the front door seeing him standing in his pj's with a backpack on his back and his hands in the air. How can I not love him? He's one of those people that really annoys you and are weird but you just can't help but love them anyway.

"Pajamas? Really?" My guess is that dad dropped him on his head when he was still a baby, it is the only explanation I can think of now.

"That is because it's still 5 in the morning and everyone is still sleeping."

"That is what I was trying to tell you!" I throw my hands in frustration and allow him to come in. Before I knew it he ran up to my room and slammed the door behind me.

"Keven!" I bang on the door trying to open it somehow, who knows what he is doing in there. "Open this door!"

"Azora!" I whip around to look at my mom. "What is all the banging and shouting about? Your brother isn't even here yet."

"Mom" I start to whine ignoring all her questions, this feels very familiar. "Keven doesn't want to open my door."

She's glaring at me the way she always did when either Keven or I came whining about the other to her.

"Don't get your panties in a twist! I'll open the door later. Go make us some hot chocolate and popcorn, by then I will be done." What is Keven planning? It's no use trying to figure it out so I'll just give in ... this time.