Nationals/Surprise

Nationals was being held in San Francisco this year. We were all super happy about going again for our second year in a row. We were all determined to do our best whether we won or not.

We were standing backstage, listening to our competition perform, when I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach. I doubled over in pain and all attention was drawn to me.

"Marcia? Are you okay?" Kitty asked.

"No," I said through gritted teeth. "My stomach."

"What's wrong?" Heather asked.

"I'm in pain," I said. "M-Maybe I just need to sit down."

"Uh, Marcia," Kevin said. "Did you spill water over your dress?"

I looked down to see a big water stain over the crotch area on my dress. Everyone officially made sense.

"I'm going into labor!" I said.

"What?!" Ryder said. "But you're nearly a month early!"

"The baby doesn't know that! I have to get to the hospital."

"Okay. I'll go get the car-" Mr. Schue began.

"No!" Ryder said. "You guys have to stay here and preform. I have my license, I'll drive Marcia there."

"But we're gonna be two singers short for The Monster and Demons!" Mike said.

"M-Mike. Y-You'll have to take our p-place," I stuttered. "You're the only other person who knows the parts. Y-You'll do great. OW!"

Ryder quickly grabbed my hand and put one hand around my waist and helped me out to the car.

*Mike's POV*

I watched in surprise as Marcia and Ryder left for the hospital. How am I supposed to perform both Ryder's part in Demons and Marcia's part in The Monster? Yeah, I was pretty good at rapping and I knew both parts, but I can't do it in front of a whole audience knowing that the whole Glee club would be counting on me for a perfect performance.

Heather came over and took my hand in hers as I waited to go out on stage for Demons.

"You're gonna do great. Don't worry," she told me. "I believe in you."

I smiled and gave her a small kiss. "Thanks."

"And now, two time champions from McKinley High School, the New Directions!" announced the announcer. I took a deep breath and we all took our places on stage. The lights went down and a single blue light shined down on me.

Mike:

"When the days are cold

And the cards all fold

And the saints we see

Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail

And the wounds we hail

Are the worst of all

And the bloods run stale"

Jake:

"I wanna hide the truth

I wanna shelter you

But with the beast inside

There's no where we can hide"

Jake and Mike:

"No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom, come