Setlist For Sectionals

That afternoon, we were called to the choir room. Mr. Schue finally had the theme for this years Sectionals. Everyone was buzzing.

"I hope it's something cool," Kitty said.

"They've always been cool!" Jake said. "I hope it has something to do with alternative music."

"As long as we don't have to sing anything else like Gangnam Style ever again because Unique is not okay with all this foreign language crap," Unique said.

"It wasn't our fault that song was horrible," Kitty said. "It's Tina's. I offered to do the song and so did Blaine, who knows those lyrics backwards and forwards, and yet they pick the girl who's half Asian."

"Racist much?" Candy asked.

"Okay guys!" Mr. Schue announced as he walked in. "I know we're all anxiously waiting for the theme of this years Sectionals, but before we get that, I am honored to announce that Sectionals is being held in the McKinley High gymnasium."

Everyone cheered. We have home court advantage. That's great!

"What's the theme Mr. Schue. It's killing us!" Heather said.

"Okay. This years theme is...drumroll please." Everyone patted on their laps as Mr. Schue announced, "This years theme is power house songs. Songs that, when sang solo or as a group, they bring the house down. Now, 2/3 of the songs have to be boy band songs and there has to be a solo, a duet and a group number to round it off. Any ideas?"

"Human!" Marley exclaimed.

"Why? So you can sing it cause you've been through so much?" Kitty asked in her sassy tone.

"No," Marley snapped. "I thought maybe Heather could sing it."

Heather's eyes widened as everyone agreed with Marley. "No, no. That's okay. I-I don't need this solo. I'm a Freshman! I have plenty of solos to come."

"Too bad, Heather. You're singing this solo," Mike said.

"Okay, so Human sung by Heather to open our show," Mr. Schue said and marked it on the board. "What's next?"

"Marcia and Mike should do a duet," Jake added. "Not a creepy, incest duet, but a cool duet to a cool song. Like...uh..."

"We Are by Big Time Rush!" Mike finished. The guys gave him a weird look. "What? Guys can like Big Time Rush too."

"Okay?" Mr. Schue chuckled. "A Hales duet to Big Time Rush. Finally, our closing numbers. I actually have a song in mind for this if you guys wanna hear it."

"Its gotta be a boy band," Cory pointed out.

"It is a boy band," Mr. Schue said. He turned to the whiteboard and wrote GROUP NUMBER: DON'T FORGET WHERE YOU BELONG BY ONE DIRECTION.

"YES!" the girls and Brett exclaimed all at the same time.

"I love that song!" Kitty said. "It's such a beautiful song!"

"I thought, because a lot of our alumni have gone off to places like LA and New York, this song would be kind of good. It's like reminding them and us to never forget where we came from and where we'll always belong. Home," Mr. Schue explained.

There was a brief silence before Kevin commented, "Deep." and everyone chuckled.

"You know, this setlist is giving me an idea to get ready for Sectionals," Mr. Schue stated.

He wiped off the whiteboard and wrote BTR VS 1D.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "This is perfect! Two of the best boy bands from this century!"