Karma

That Monday, I was at my locker getting my books for first period, when a manicured hand slammed the locker door shut. I turned to see Bree glaring daggers at me. In her hand, she held a school newspaper.

"Did you do this?!" she snapped and held up the paper.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Don't lie to me!" Bree yelled. "Did your little friend tell you about this?! Did you write it into the paper?!"

"Bree, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not even on the school paper. What's in the paper that's got you so worked up?"

Bree seemed to believe me. She turned the page and passed me the paper. At the top, written in big bold letters, the read: "BREE WESTBROOK: CHEERLEADER OR BABY KILLER?"

I took the paper from Bree and began to read the article.

"New McKinley High student, Bree Westbrook, was soon taken under Coach Sylvester's wing and made the Cheerios in no time and was soon promoted to co-head along side a member from this schools prized Glee club, Kitty Wilde. However, an source that wishes to remain unnamed recently revealed to us at the school newspaper that Bree Westbrook isn't who she says she is. Before moving to McKinley High, Bree Westbrook was pregnant! Keyword: WAS. And why are we saying "was"? Because this cheerleader had an abortion! Why, Sue Sylvester? First, you have a lesbian as your head cheerleader, and now an abortion supporter? What is wrong with your judgement Sue Sylvester?"

Once I finished reading the article, I looked up at Bree.

"I didn't know this," I told her. "I swear, Bree. I had no idea. Kitty didn't tell me anything about this. She's not the kind of girl to go around telling secrets for no reason and you haven't done anything to me since that day a month ago. I don't know who did this."

Bree snatched the newspaper from me.

"Yeah, well now you're not the slut of the school anymore, so you can thank who ever did this," she hissed and began to walk away. I quickly grabbed her shoulder and turned her around to face me.

"Bree, I didn't want this," I said, truthfully. "Yes, I was upset over what you said to me, but I'd never want to stoop this low to humiliate you."

I could see tears forming in Bree's eyes as she shrugged my hand off her shoulder.

"You're lucky," she said, her voice cracking. "At least the father of your child actually wants the baby. My boyfriend made me get that abortion."

I pulled Bree in for a hug as she cried on my shoulder. I rubbed her back soothingly. People began to stare. Once Bree noticed, she pushed me away.

"I don't need your sympathy, freak!" she snapped and walked away. I sighed and turned back to my locker.

"What was that about?" Marley asked.

"Someone told the school newspaper Bree's deep, dark secret and now she's the school slut," I told her. "She thinks I did it. I didn't. I didn't even know about her secret. Kitty wouldn't tell me."

"I did it," Marley said, looking incredibly guilty. "I wanted to get revenge on Bree for what she did to you, so I found out her secret and I had to tell the newspaper."

"What? Marley, that's not like you!"

"I know it's not. I shouldn't've done that. I didn't know that it would blow up like this," she said. "But you know what they say about Karma. What goes around, comes around."

I closed my locker door again. "Not like this, Marley. You're so screwed."

Marley gave me a look before walking off to her class. I went off with mine, which was with Kitty. I slid into my seat with great difficulty due to my big baby bump. Kitty leaned over and smiled at me. There was something going on. I knew it.

"What's that smile about?" I asked.

"I got a call from Artie yesterday," she said. "Remember how I told you that he cheated on me with two girls?" I nodded. "Well, he got tested for STDs yesterday with Sam, Blaine and Kurt, don't ask me why, I have no idea. And guess what he has."

"Kitty, just tell me."

"One of those girls gave him chlamydia, Marcia! He's got an STD! Karma came around and bit him right in the balls!" Kitty chuckled. "He got what he deserved."

"STD, huh?" I asked. "Did you hear what Marley did to Bree?"

"What?"

I noticed the person next to me reading a newspaper. I asked him for it. He passed it to me and I gave it to Kitty. She read the article about Bree. Surprise was written all over her face. Obviously, Marley didn't learn the secret from Kitty, but where else would she have learnt it?

"Marley told them?" Kitty asked. I nodded. "How did she find out?"

"No idea. I assumed you told her," I said. "Bree is furious and if she finds out that Marley did this, Marley is in for big trouble."