Reconnecting (chapter 4)

I stood anxiously in the middle of the airport looking for my favorite person.

I suddenly saw someone running towards me.

I knew that face.

I knew those eyes.

I knew that voice.

"Layla!" He yelled before wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off the ground.

"I missed you," I said.

He put me back on the ground as I fixed his slightly long dark brown hair. He hugged me once again. I tightened my arms around his neck and I felt his cool fingers run through my hair. I closed my eyes. I hadn't realized how much I missed him. How much I wanted to talk to him. How much I needed him.

I felt tears fill my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Ronnie asked looking down at me but not letting go.

"I missed you, so much," I said while he whipped away my tears.

"I missed you too," Ronnie said.

I forgot everything else at this point. I forgot about the mysterious boy through the window, I forgot about how Kurt is hardly ever home anymore, I forgot everything. Except for how much I missed Ronnie, and how happy I was that he was back.

"Ronnie! You left us!" Ronnie's Mother and Step Father said not far behind him.

"Sorry Mom," He sighed.

"It's okay. Hi Layla. How are you?" His Mom asked.

"I'm great now," I said and smiled.

"That's nice. Will you be coming over our house today?"

I nodded.

"Good. I need help unpacking," Ronnie said sarcastically.