Fire And Ice (chapter 14)

I walked home thinking, just like Ronnie asked me to do. What is the secret?

Once I got home I went to my room and took a nap. No crazy dreams this time I just slept. I woke up to a tapping on my window.

I got out of bed and looked out. I saw Ronnie.

As I opened the window he came in without saying anything.

I crossed my arms as he stood in front of me.

"Layla, I want to tell you but I-"

"No, stop. You can tell me anything. I thought you knew that by now," I cut him off.

"I know that, but I can't. It's not my secret to tell,"

"Whatever it is I would never say anything," I explained.

"I know. And I know you can figure it out,"

"At least give me a hint,"

He took my hand in his.

His hands were like ice. I pulled back immediately.

"That's your hint," He said before climbing back out my window.

I was so confused. So what? Ronnie's hands were cold. I didn't understand how that was a hint.

I lay in my bed and buried my head in my pillows. I tried to put together the pieces.

I dreamed of fire and ice.

Fire would melt the ice, but ice when it is melted into water, would put out the fire. The two would never come together or mix because eventually they would just demolish each other.

Ronnie wasn't telling me something, not because he didn't want to, but because it wasn't his secret to tell. I think I know now.