The First Time (chapter 12)

I wandered around the forest, confused about how I got there or why I was there. Last thing I could remember was falling asleep in someone's arms.

I looked around the forest, then I saw Derek.

"Hello, Layla," He said confidently.

He had changed. Not only in his confidence level, but physically. His eyes weren't as green. They we a more yellowish brown color. Almost orange. They were very intimidating.

"Hi," I said.

'Wow you actually said hi, good job' I thought.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Fine. You?"

"Not very good. I've been sick lately," He said.

"What are you sick with?" I questioned.

"I have had a very bad fever lately,"

"Oh, that's too bad,"

"Yeah. Layla, I have a question," He said while pacing and coming closer to me.

"Yes?"

"Do I make you nervous?"

I gulped.

"No," I lied.

"Well, you make me nervous,"

"I do?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah," He said while taking steps towards me.

Before I knew it, he was right in front of me.

I took a deep breath and bit my lower lip. I felt my hands begin to shake.

"Am I making you nervous now?" He asked while combing my hair behind my ear. His hands left a burning sensation on my face.

I nodded. His face came closer to mine as I cosed my eyes.

I felt his lips touch mine. His lips were soft and warm, not just warm, hot. It felt like I just took a sip of hot coffee and it burnt my lips, but in a good way.

"Get your hands off of her," I heard a voice say. I know that voice. My favorite voice.