First Day (chapter 6)

"School starts tomorrow," Ronnie said over the phone as I lounged across my bed.

"Ugh, the summer went to fast," I sighed.

"At least we have classes together," Ronnie said.

"Yeah, that's the only upside,"

"Oh well. The faster we go to school, the faster it's over, and the faster we can go to college,"

"I know," I agreed.

"I gotta go, I'm tired," Ronnie said.

"Okay, good night," I said.

"Good night,"

*click*

I closed  my eyes and tried to control my nerves. I was truly scared. Senior year is a big deal. I'm scared about what classes I'll have, I'm scared about what I'll learn, and most of all, I'm scared about the boy.

His face continued flashing through my head, consuming my thoughts. All I wanted was to meet him, but I was terrified. Terrified of saying the wrong thing, of looking stupid.

What if I have classes with him?

I cringed.

"Layla! Wake up! School!" Mikey yelled while banging loudly on my door.

"I'm up!" I responded groggily.

I got ready for school in a hurry, I didn't want to be late on the first day of school.

I wanted to get there as fast as possible, so I could see Ronnie and he could calm me down.

"Mikey, can you give me a ride?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure,"

Mikey drove me to school and I could feel my nerves taking over. I could feel my eyes begin to tear and my breathing became shorter. I remembered to take one deep breath but that did very little.

"You okay there?" Mikey said.

"Y-Yeah.W-Why do you a-ask?" I stuttered.

"Well seeing as you're barely breathing and stuttering I would assume you're nervous,"

"I-I am,"

"It's okay. You have Ronnie,"

"Thank god. I don't know what I would do without Ronnie,"

"Speaking of him, there's nothing, like, going on with you guys right?" Mikey's protective instinct took over.

"No," I simply said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, we are just friends," I reminded him.

We approached the school and I became nervous again.

I saw Ronnie and every nerve left my body. It was all okay now, I have Ronnie, and I always will.

I jumped out of the car and walked up to Ronnie.

"Thank god you're here Ronnie. I don't know what I would do without you," I said with my words full of love.

"I know," 

I smiled and he smiled back.

He turned towards the school.

"Are you ready?" He questioned.

"Well, I don't have much of a choice," I replied.