Thinking (chapter 13)

Derek tuned around quickly. My lips were still on fire from our kiss.

"What are you doing here?" Derek asked sounding disgusted.

I saw Ronnie.

"I'm here to do what I was made to do. Protect my best friend. And kick your ass," Ronnie said aggressively. That's the Ronnie I know.

"That won't be easy," Derek argued.

"I doubt that," Ronnie challenged before sprinting towards him.

Ronnie punched Derek in the face but it did very little. Derek pushed him so hard that Ronnie hit a tree behind him. Somehow, Ronnie got up in a matter of seconds. Derek tried to tackle him but Ronnie climbed up the tree with lightning speed.

Ronnie jumped from the tree onto Derek's back. Derek fought to get Ronnie off but he couldn't.

Once Derek finally got Ronnie off Derek's eyes were a scarlet red. I almost tripped backwards because they were so scary. Suddenly, Ronnie was surrounded by flames.

I gasped.

But Ronnie flew into the air and through the flames towards me. He threw me on his back as I tightened my arms around his neck. We ran threw the forest and left Derek behind.

My eyes flew open. I was in my bed. Someone's arms were still locked around me. I noticed it was Frankie.

"Good morning sleepy head," He said cheerfully.

"Good morning," I mumbled groggily.

"We have company," Frankie said.

"Who?" I asked.

"He's in the living room,"

Frankie loosened his tight grip as I slowly got out of bed. I walked out into the living room.

Ronnie was sitting on the couch.

"Layla," He said sounding relieved.

He got up and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. I breathed a sigh of relief as I put my arms around his shoulders.

"A-are you okay?" He asked.

"No, Ronnie I'm not," I began to cry a little.

He let me go gently but didn't let me go entirely.

"Why?"

"Y-you said I was a terrible friend, you said I-I wasn't good enough for you, you said you didn't want to be friends anymore," I whispered, tears falling from my eyes.

He wiped them away gently.

"I know Layla, I have a lot of explaining to do. Come with me," He said while taking my hand and walking me outside. We walked into the forest behind my house, the same forest that the dream took place.

We stopped in the middle of the forest as he dropped my hand and began pacing in a circle.

"There's somethings I haven't told you Layla," He announced.

"So tell me,"

"I-I can't,"

"Yes you can. Ronnie, I'll understand, whatever it is you can tell me anything," I pleaded.

"I can't explain it,"

"Just try,"

"Everything happens for a reason. I didn't go to school yesterday for a reason, I got mad at you and said those things for a reason," He said.

"What's the reason?"

"It's complicated," He responded.

"Well then elaborate,"

"I," He hesitated, "I, I can't Layla,"

"And why the fuck not Ronnie? What is so terrible that you can't tell me? You've told me everything, or you used to,"

Ronnie looked intensely in my eyes. He tilted his head and kept his eyes locked on me as he walked towards me.

"Just think," He said calmly.

I walked away.

What is so crazy that Ronnie couldn't tell me? He has told me everything, what could it be?