New Start (chapter 1)

I stood there-looking through my window at the large U-Haul truck pull up in front of the newly renovated house.

"We're getting some new neighbors," My brother Frankie interrupted my thoughts.

"I see," I simply said.

Frankie slowly came towards me and stood beside me. We both watched the thirty-something year old couple gingerly remove boxes into there new home.

"Hey, I didn't know you could see through the window of their house from here," Frankie stated.

"Oh yeah. I didn't know either," I lied.

Of course I knew you could see through their window from mine. How could I not know? I have spent countless nights looking through the window of the people that once lived in that beautiful house.

"I'm surprised people are willing to move into that house. After what happened there," Frankie said.

"Yeah, I wouldn't," I agreed.

That house was nearly burnt to ashes after a horrible fire. The poor couple didn't make it out alive. But the home in it's place looks very similar. Two floors, a large back yard that lead to the forest, and big windows. Windows that I could look through curiously from mine.

Frankie slowly walked away and I heard him close the door.

I loved Frankie. He is the only one who can keep me grounded. I could get a little over the top at times and Frankie always has a way from stopping me from freaking out. We are quite alike. We both have an extreme love for music and pizza with extra sauce. We both love to draw. And we both have a wild imagination.

I heard a loud knock on my door and, "Hey Layla! C'mon we're going out for dinner!" My cousin Mikey announced from the other side of the door.

"Kay," I responded.

I put on my grey hoodie and some sneakers and walked to the kitchen.