My True Best Friend (chapter 16)

In a split second Ronnie had on jeans. He took my wrist and threw me on his back. His cold skin comforted me as I held on to his neck tightly.

He crawled out the window and bolted through people's backyards and into the forest. We were there in about eight seconds. I didn't let go once he stopped.

"Wanna see more?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said while giggling.

"Hold on," He said.

He bolted up to the top of a tree and jumped from branch to branch. The crazy part was, I wasn't even scared. I was over fifty feet in the air jumping through trees, and I'm not the least bit scared. Because I trust Ronnie. Probably more then anyone else, and that's something that will never change.

We were at the top of a tree and he stopped. He slowly took me off of his back and sat me on a branch as he sat next to me. 

"So, that's my power," He said confidently, and flashed that smile.

I smiled back.

"I have questions," I said.

"I have answers," He said while putting his arm around my shoulders.

I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"So, do you have any other powers?" I questioned.

"I have the element of water and ice. So I can control water around me. And that's why, in your dream, the fire didn't phase me,"

"How did you find out you had special powers?"

"I was taking a shower one night and the water," He paused to laugh a little. "The water, like, froze,"

I laughed.

"You made your shower hail on you?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah, stop laughing at me!"

"Okay, okay. So why don't I have any powers?"

"You may get them once you get older. Everyone's different, some people get their powers later then others, some get them earlier,"

"Oh, okay. So tell me more,"

"Well, there is like this group of people like me. They're called The League. They make rules for us and are pretty much our bosses. They are to us, what politics and government are to humans,"

"So you guys have like laws to follow?"

"Yeah, if we tell someone about our powers they will make sure the person we told won't tell the secret,"

"How do they know if you told someone?"

"Some of us have very good powers, some of us can see the future. Some of us can read minds. And some of us can see what's going on in places where we aren't. The League is full of people who use their powers to enforce laws. They probably know I told you all of this by now and they could be watching us right now,"

"Oh, how nice," I said sarcastically.

He laughed.

"So why did you say those things the other day?" I questioned.

"I thought you wouldn't want to be my friend if I told you this stuff. I thought you would call me crazy. So I figured I would beat you to it and just leave. But that was such a mistake,"

"You really thought I wouldn't talk to you? After everything we've been through?"

"I don't know, I thought you would say I'm crazy,"

"I would never leave you," I said while turning my head to him and looking in his eyes.

"Really?" He wondered.

"I wouldn't even think about it,"

He smiled and pulled me close to him.

I never really noticed before, but Ronnie is very unique. Physically and emotionally.

He's the kind of guy you just have to love. No matter who you are you can't help but to have some kind of emotional connection with him.

Also, he has his own look, his own eyes, his own scent. You'll never meet someone who looks like him or acts like him.

Because Ronnie is simply one of a kind.