Confused (chapter 9)

All the rest of the day my mind was on Derek. I couldn't forget him. He says he doesn't date. Of course that makes me lose hope. Nothing would happen regardless.

If I'm scared to even look at this boy then how could I ever have any kind of relationship with him?

But I can't help but wonder.

I fell asleep thinking about him. Woke up with him on my mind, and as Mikey drove me to school I couldn't stop thinking about him.

His perfect face.

His angelic voice.

And his unbelievable green eyes.

I walked in front of the school.

Ronnie was nowhere to be found. I walked around the building like an idiot, and I still couldn't find him. I hadn't talked to him since yesterday, which was a long time for me and Ronnie.

"Where is he?" I whispered to myself.

I walked into school assuming he suddenly got sick and forgot to tell me.

I went to my first class alone and noticed Derek was out as well. I breathed a sigh of relief. But I became suspicious.

Why would they both be out on the same day?

I continued through out the rest of the day. It was an un eventful day. All I wanted to do was go to Ronnie's house and check on him. Not only did I miss him, but I needed him.

Once the final bell rang I walked to Ronnie's house. I didn't bother calling home and saying I wouldn't be home until late, this was more important.

I knocked on the front door as Ronnie's mother opened it.

"Oh, hello Layla. How are you?" She asked cheerfully.

"I'm fine. Where's Ronnie?"

"He isn't home. He's staying at a family member's house. He didn't tell you?"

"No, when will he be home?"

"Wow, I'm suprised he didn't tell you. He'll actually be home in a bit. Would you like to wait for him?"

"I would love to. Thanks Michelle,"

I said while walking in and sitting on her couch.

I always liked Michelle, and she always liked me. She was always so positive and she was always smiling her charming smile. I now know where Ronnie gets it from.

"Would you like something to drink Layla?" She wondered.

"Oh, no thank you. What relative's house did Ronnie go to?"

"His cousin. They've become very close,"

Ronnie didn't tell me that either. Why isn't Ronnie telling me things?

"Oh, that's nice. Is that why he was out today?"

"Yes. He really wanted to hang out with him. So I figured one day of school won't matter much,"

I nodded.

"So, how is school so far? Any cute boys?" She asked.

I shook my head no. Clearly lying.

"Oh c'mon Layla,"

Michelle knew me very well, just like Ronnie does, or did.

"Okay, there is this guy," I confessed.

"Well, give me details!" She exclaimed.

"Okay, he-"

As I was about to answer the door opened. And I saw those eyes. The eyes that I know so well, or thought I knew.

"Hey, Mom." He said. "And, Layla. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I wanted to know where you were today. I was," I hesitated, "worried,"

I got up and stood in front of him. I heard Michelle slowly walk away behind us.

Ronnie stared at me intensely.

"Get out," He said firmly.