Chapter Twenty Two

Debra's Pov
   Oliver and I have first period together so we walked to class with one another. As I slowly and calmly walked down the halls I saw a pair of eyes fall on me, then another, and another. It seemed like as I walked heads turned, some people gave me a look of pity, some wore expressionless, some wore snickering. I grabbed onto Oliver's arm and said "Why is everyone looking at me?" Quietly. "Well your made headlines on the news, everyone in town has heard of you at this point" He told me matching my tone.
   As we wore getting closer to Mr. Morgan's classroom, we passed by a group of guys, the rough looking type. They keept laughing at me, why wore they laughing at me? I placed my arm in front of Oliver and looked over at them, as did he. I recognized one of them, no, all of them. Where had I seen them before? "Don't worry about it, if they're a problem I'll deal with it, come on" He said pulling me in close as we continued to walk to class. As we entered the class room, Mr. Morgan stopped me and pulled me aside "You go on ahead and sit down Mr. Uhhh?" He said looking at Ollie. "Oliver" he said unsurprised. Mr. Morgan placed his hand on my sholder and awkwardly asked me "soooo, how are you since.. you know.. the?" So that's what this is about. "Look I really would rather not talk about it if that's alright with you" I told him uncomfortable. "Ok, well if you change your mind you know I'm here during lunch and after school, alright?" He's really trying for this, isn't he? "Yeah, ok, thank you" I told him as I walked to my seat.
   One of the guys who was laughing at me in the halls was in my class, he sat a few rows behind me. I kept feeling something brush my hair, I turned around and was greeted with a spit ball to my forehead. I was disgusted as I wiped it from my face and I saw people around me laugh. How could they laugh at something so... so... crude?! I turned and meet the intence, steely eyes of Oliver. He gave a reassuring nod and his eyes intenceyfiyed even more. The boy keept messing with me throughout class, as soon as the bell rang, I walked over to Oliver. His eyes wore magnetized to the boy, we followed him out of class and he went into the bathroom. "Stay here" Oliver said intensely,  I noticed his fists shaking with anger, this guy's about to get what's coming to him.
Oliver's Pov
   I entered the bathroom normally, there was only one other person then besides who I was looking for. "Get out" I told him in my murder voice. He ran pretty quick. The guy was pissing in a stall, I kicked the door open as hard as I could, he fell over and pissed on himself. I picked him up by the throat and held him against the wall. "Listen to me very carefully because I'm only going to say this once..."
Debra's Pov
   The boy who had bothered me ran out of the bathroom sprinting away as Oliver fixed his shirt walking out. He walked and I followed, I could hear whispers of my name as I walked amongst other things "slut" was one thing I heard a lot.