Chapter 1 The boy with the pot

Its senior year and there's so much I haven't done yet. I don't mean like not applying to college or taking my SAT's. I mean like my senior rebellious bucket list. I've never smoked, drank, not even snuck out to a party. Not saying I've never been to a party but let's just say the parents had to be there.  And they were all local, no Atlanta parties.

I probably wouldn't have fun at those parties any way. I'd be too busy worrying about my tests and projects.

Look at me being all stuffy and responsible once again. A familiar song plays loudly booming in my chest.

I walk over to my fence and peak over at Mr. Remy's house. Over the fence looks like a  beautiful man. A beautiful man with weed. He sits on the bench and smokes away. His eyes are red and he just stares at the naked statue in his yard. 

"It's not polite to stare, you could speak or something." Who is he talking to?

"Do you want some, I share." He turns his full attention toward me. "Oh you were talking to me."

"Who else was staring as hard as you were?" My face gets red with embarrassment and I walk away from the fence. "My bad....I mean sorry." He starts laughing and I'm forced to turn around and walk back toward the fence. "Look I wasn't staring at you, I was staring at the statue and I like the song you're playing so I just came to check it out."

"Yeah? So you like the group?"

"Oh yeah I listen to their  music all the time, like that one with that artist."

"Yeah the one with Cardi B?"

"Yeah totally."

"Whats your favorite song by them?" Why is he asking so many question?

"The one that goes boom something something....I actually don't know who sings this but I have heard the song."

"The songs called Narcos by Migos."

"Damn how did I not know it was the Migos?"

"Don't worry about it's obvious why you really came."

"Yeah for the song like I said."

"Sure, but next time you should take a picture, they last longer."

"I..uh." He smirks letting me know he got to me.

"Actually I smelled the marijuana and wanted to smoke it yeah." Lies, there's good reason why you won't smoke, I can't get caught Spelman is riding on this. "Really, you want to smoke?"

"Yeah, that so hard to believe? I do it all the time." He walks toward the fence and opens the gate. "I don't mind a smoking buddy." I didn't think he was going to actually let me smoke with him. "I would smoke it but my mom is upstairs and she's totally against it." He leans toward my ear and whispers  "we can go somewhere more exclusive if that's what you want, I don't mind your company."

 "Zaire get away from my students and stop trying to corrupt her. Zaire rolls his eyes and looks back at Mr. Remy. 

"Good morning Cherise."

Mr. Remy walks out in his suit well fitted to his tall buff frame, nicely shaved beard and shining light brown eyes. "Your student was actually trying to corrupt me. I was sitting all innocent until she came over and offered me drugs. They say just say no but peer pressure is so tempting."  I cannot believe this asshole. My mouth drops open and I just stare at him. "I did not. I was studying and he uh." 

"I uh what?"

"You-"

"I-" He mocks me.

"Mr. Remy, I promise I did not have the weed."

"I believe you over my nephew Cherise you're a good student, he, on the other hand, is a trouble maker."

"Nephew?"

"Yes, Zaire is my nephew and he'll be staying with us for a while. He'll more than likely be going to school with you after the trip." Mr. Remy grabs Zaire by the neck and shoves him toward their door. I'm so sorry about this Cherise I hope he didn't cause any trouble."

"Bye Mr. Remy."

"Cherise, Tatinana is here!" My mom calls inside the house.

"Coming!"

There's my best friend sitting in my dinning room looking beautiful as ever. It's so hard being her friend she has style, great looks, thin and tall with a great personality. "Hey Chi! Fashion Nova is having a bomb ass sale going on and there's this sweater I want to get, do you think I'll get it in time for the senior trip?"

"I don't know, you know sometimes it takes 13 days to ship from California to Georgia."

"True, I need it by Thursday."

"Girls you need to pick up some snacks for your trip. Here's money for you, please buy something healthy or at least not hot Cheetos."

"Why not?" We say in unison. 

"Because it's the cliche black snack, why can't you get celery or oh Brussels sprouts." We look at each other in disgust. "I'm just going to stick to hot Cheetos or Takis." 

"Fine, be back by 10."

We walk to my cute bug car only to find I forgot my keys in my pants pocket upstairs on my chair. "T, I'm going upstairs to get my keys I'll be back."

"OK take your time, I need to use your WiFi for this fashion Nova sale anyway." I run up the stairs stepping 2 at a time and make it to my room. The keys were exactly were I left em. I look out my window and see Zaire, again smoking weed. This time with his  shirt off. A long tattoo marked almost his entire body. It was kind of hot. He was actually pretty cute, and I made a fool of myself today. He looks up and smiles at me. I turn away and meet my friend back at her car.