chapter 17 $149.99

A/N its a really short chapter. But if you're liking this book so far don't forget to hit that star and tell your friends about this book. Cai out!

Cherry's POV

"Ok so I know you said you don't like dances Zaire but can you at least go shopping with me today?" 
"Do I really have to?"
"Yes you do."
"Why can't you just wear a dress in your closet" he says rolling his eyes at me.
"Because they're all summer dresses. And its a formal event."
"Fine lets go."
"Yay! Thanks!" I trill kissing him on the cheek.
"Yeah yeah whatever."

....................

I still haven't found anything to wear. "You know what I don't even know if I'm going to the ball anymore.Its too much work and I just don't want to try anymore."
That's when I spot it. A gorgeous short, white, long sleeved dress. It has pretty sparkles on it, calling my name.
"Does that mean we can go now?" Zaire moans out.
"Actually I want to try that dress on first and then we can go."
"Lead the way." he says.I walk into the store and there it is hanging in the formal dress section.
I walk to the back grab the dress and head to the fitting room. I put the dress on and zip it up in the back.

Looking in the mirror I smile from ear to ear. Perfect. This dress is perfect.
"Zaire what do you think about this one?"
I open the door and he's sitting there on his phone.
"Zaire!" I yell whisper.
He looks up and just stares at me."How does it look? Does it make me look bad."
He still doesn't answer and just stares at me.
"Zaire?" I beg. "Does it look good?" He shakes his head no putting me in the most depressing mood. "You look gorgeous". I turn my face getting red and I look the other way.
When I turn back he's standing in my face now looking me up and down.
"You look so beautiful." he whispers lightly. "Thank you" I finally choke out.
I look at the tag and almost have a heart attack. $149.99
"Too bad I'm not getting it" I say. "There's no way in hell I can afford this. I only have $50. OK I'm going to go change." When I get in the dressing room I tug at my zipper but its stuck. I tug on it a bit harder its still stuck. "What the actual fuck" I hiss.
"Everything good in there?" I hear Zaire on the other side of the door.
"I need help" I whine. I open the door to let him in.
In the mirror I can see him eyeing my butt. I guess it did kind of pop out.
His hands briefly touched my waist and then traveled up to my zipper. In one tug he pulls my zipper down. His other hand rubs my back a little. His hands meet my shoulder and he turns me around so I am be facing him. I kiss his jawline sending shivers all over his body. I suck and nibbled on his neck leaving a hickie. His hand travels below my waist resting on my butt.
"Hey is anyone in here?" a sales associate ask.
"Um yeah," I yell out.Zaire looks in the mirror at the hickie I just gave him. He smiles then kisses my forehead."I'll be outside and I'll wear this hickie with pride." I take one last look at myself in the pretty white dress and then take it off.

.....................

My mom is in her room while Zaire and I are laying on the couch watching the end of 50 first dates. "I'm picking the next movie." Zaire says picking up the remote. "Please don't pick something scary."

"I had to sit through 3 hours of someone doing the same thing everday for a girl he loved....we're watching a horror movie." I whine a little and pull blankets up to my face. "Don't worry Daddy's here with you." I can feel my face heat up and his arm grabs my shoulder pulling me into his chest. He kisses my forehead making my smile big and corny. The movie starts and my heart sinks. We're watching the Babadook. It shows the typical horror movie house. White chipped dirty house. With a typical dysfunctional family. The boy throws something through the window. "I would have beat his ass." I whisper. "You don't stop talking do you?" Zaire whispers in my ear. "Sorry. I'll try to be more quiet."

15 minutes into the movie the boy wants the mom to read him a book, "The Bababook". The book looks scary but she continues to read it to her 10 year old son. "Why are you reading the book! He's 10!"

"Cherise."

"Sorry I'm done now." But we're 45 minutes into the movie and that creature thing is crawling on the wall. "I don't understand why-" Zaire puts his hand over my mouth. "Baby you talk too much. I'm gping to the bathroom do you want anything in the kitchen?" I hum into his mouth and he lets go. "Nah I'm good." He pauses the movie and gets up.

Its dark and he stopped the TV on the creatures face. I pull the covers up to my ears and look around me with wide eyes trying to look into the dark. "Zaire?" I whisper ."Hurry up." I get up from the couch and walk down the long, dark, quiet hallway. I walk to the bathroom but its empty. I back into the wall and feel hands wrap around my waist. "Babadook dook dook." Tears fall down my face and I scream to the top of my lungs. Zaire starts laughing and I rip myself from his arms. "Ughhhhh that's not even funny!" He laughs even harder and I can feel myself becoming irritated. "Your face was priceless when you looked around and whispered my name."

"YoUr FaCe wAs PrIceLesS!" I mock him. "Dont be so stuffy."

"You didn't have to be a dick. I told you I hate horror movies they scare me."

"The Babadook isn't even scary."

"Yes it is..its basically why every child is scared to go under their bed."

"You're not a child anymore." I roll my eyes at him and walk back into the living room. "Your so aggy Zaire...damn." I hear something creak but I ignore it because I already know its Zaire. "Did you hear that?" Zaire says.

"Yea I heard something go dook dook dook. You can't scary me again. It wasn't funny the first time and its not the 2nd."

"Zaireeee..." A woman's voice whispers in the night. "Zaire stop that isn't funny."

"That's not me."

"Cheriseeeee I'm going to get you." She starts to laugh and I can feel my eyes burn from tears. "Zaire please stop."

"Its not me." The tv turns off and now its completely dark. I squeal a little and wrap the blanket around me. "Cherise come here." I slowly walk to him with my hands out looking for his chest. I find him and stsy by his side. "Cherise you've been a bad girl...you will die." Every light in the house starts going crazy and a window burts open with a gush of wind. Zaire picks me up and runs down stairs. "Where are we going?"

"Away from here!" He opens my front door and my curly fro is instantly brushed all over my face. My skin gets goose bumps and its freezing out here.

"Cherise Cherise Cherise!" She keeps repeating over and over. "What do you want?" I ask the disembodied voice.

"I WANT YOUR LIFE!" Zaire runs us over to his house rushing us in. "Zaire what's going on?"

"I don't know." My heart is racing and me being cold isn't helping. I can feel tears fall down my face. "She wants me dead. Who? Why? I haven't done anything." I can feel myself hyperventilating and shivering while standing in Zaires dining room. Zaire looks at me and walks over. "Cherise I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I ignore him and I continue to hyperventilate. I'm shaking like a scared puppy. "Cherise look at me." But I don't. I'm too scared. "Cherise look at me." I look into his eyes and they're green. "Why are your eyes green?"

"Cherise you're goimg to take a nap."

"But-"

"You're taking a nap and you're not waking up until the morning. You're not going to be worried and fall asleep." My eyes are mesmerized by his and I feel myself get drozy. "Go to sleep baby and don't worry about anything." My entire body relaxes into him and my eyes close.