Chapter 23 I guess my times up

Cherry's POV

2am
Going through my head I'm trying to figure out what I did? I remember everything he says and it stabs at my heart each time harder than the last. He said everything with so much hatred. He doesn't even want to contact me. I unlock my phone and go to Zaires contact. Instead of deleting it I call him.

"Hello?" He says in a sleepy voice. It was hot but not what I called him for.
"Hey Zaire."

"Cherise I thought I told you not to contact me anymore."

"I know but I don't want us-" But he hangs up. My hands and arms are shaking and my tears roll down my cheeks. My legs give way and I'm crashing into my soft carpet. I'm trembling with anger, frustration, but mostly sadness. The salt stings my eyes but I let it fall. My throat feels scratched and moist and the inside of my cheeks also salty. My hands, legs, and my entire body is jerking up and down continually.

I hate him. I think to myself. How can any one just make me as upset as he just did? I don't even think I cried or even felt as bad when Chad and Janette were talking shit about me. How can someone make me feel great and make me feel safe in their arms but then make me feel like I'm a worth less piece of shit. I grabbed the nearest pillow and snugged into it. I fall asleep and honesty I don't want to wake up again.

Getting up from the floor every bone in my body felt soar as hell. Speaking of hell thats exactly what I look like. Eye boogers, my hair looks like hurricane katrina, and crust all over my face from crying. I also stink too. I threw off all my clothes and get in the shower. Its about time I wash my hair. I haven't washed it in like 2 weeks.

Mommy's not home so she probrably left early for work. Its pretty cold out here especially after taking a hot shower. I honestly don't even feel like getting dolled up. Its not that cold out today so I put on black leggings and my school spirit shirt.

It wasn't a good idea to wash my hair so early in the morning. Its still wet and it shrunk. My coily curls were showing right now though. I wish they could stay this way they really are pretty. I blow dry my hair and just put a head band around my edges because honestly I don't feel like fucking with it today.

I'm set for school now and I wait outside for the bus. Zaire hasn't shown up for the bus stop yet. I look over at his house but I see no sign he's coming out. The bus comes late like usual and I see Zaire running from his house. Making my way up the stairs I take my seat on the bus. Zaire finally makes it up and doesn't even look at me.

Getting off the bus I wait for Zaire in the atrium. He walks in with headphones covering his ears. I stand right in front of him.

"Can we talk?"
He rolls his eyes and takes his headphones off. "What?" he says so coldly. I could feel the shivers all over my body.
"Can we talk about the fight?"
"I thought I said we were done?"
"Is it because I didn't say I love you back?" He goes silent for awhile.
"No I'm not interested in a weak human. Besides you're not even part of a noble family. It would never work. Why not quit now?"
"I'm not a weak human. And I won't believe for a second you would mean any of that."
"Believe what you want because that's what I mean."
I stand there with tears rolling down my face. I snatch the necklace from my neck and threw it at his chest. "Screw you Zaire. I hate you and I never want to see you again. It fell to the ground and I walked off leaving a scene but I didn't really care. He hurt me and the opinions of people I have never talk to and probably will never talk to didn't matter to me.

Going to class is not an option right now. I'm going home. I don't care. I call up Tatiana before the bell rings.

"Hey babe what's up?"

"Ta..ti..ana..I need to...go home..can you please.... take me?" I sob in the phone.

"Where are you I'll be there in two seconds."