Chapter 10 Cockatrice

A/N Here's another chapter Happy presidents day.

Cherry's POV

I hang my head down low in the Principle's office. Maybe I wouldn't be as embarrassed as I am now if the principle wasn't friends with my mom. Zaire sits slumped in his chair not having a care in the world.

"So will you two tell me what was going on out there?" Principle Johnson had his hands folded across his chest and an eyebrow raised.

"Nothing-" but before I could finish Zaire chimed in.

"Nothing happened sir." Zaire says in an annoyed expression.

"OK but why were you skipping 5th period?" He asked

"I wasn't feeling well and Zaire helped."

"Why didn't you just go to the nurse? "

"Um because it was kind of.....an emotional thing" I said fighting back the tears.

Principle Johnson picked up on the mood change and nooded his head. You can leave Ms.Brown you too Mr.Remy. I grab my bag and head for the door but before I leave he stops me. "Next time Ms.Brown you can talk to a guidance counselor."

I nod my head and left his room with Zaire following behind.
"So what was that?" I question

"What do you mean?" He liftes an eyebrow and looks down at me.

"You know" I trailed off.

"No I don't" he said confused.

"Lets not play games Zaire there was a moment between us before Principle stick in the ass interrupted us.
He looks at me and smirks. ""Principle stick in the ass?"

"Stop avoiding it Zaire.

" I'm not."

"It doesn't matter anyways."

"Whatever you say. You want to skip the rest of the day?"

"I already skipped 5th period Principle Johnson is letting me off with a warning."

"Who cares."

"I care because it's my ass that will be cut by my mom."

"Let lose a little. You need this more than I do anyways."

"Where would we go?"

"A secret place."

"Uh huh.....I don't know you like that. Why should I trust that you're not a serial killer."

He just laughs. "Trust I'm not a serial killer."

"Fine. But how are we getting there?"

"I will call a friend."

...............

A few minutes later a black car pulls up to the school. "Oh hell no. This is sketchy, a black car just pulls up to the school minutes after you call."

"Cherise chill out it's just my driver."

"OK but if he's a serial killer I'm coming to haunt your ass beyond the grave."

He chuckles and open the door for me. "Hello Miss Cherise. I am Apolo." 

"Hey Apolo." Zaire closes the door and sits next to me. The car smells weird. It smells like some kind of weird flower I used to smell as a child. It's a weird analogy but it makes sense to me. I feel my eyes grow heavy and I fall asleep in the car.

I feel someone shaking me. Zaire is all up in my face and all I can do is squint. "Get out my face." I groan. I am literally the most cranky person when you wake me up. "We're here." I look out the window and there is a beautiful waterfall. The grass is green and the flowers bloom everywhere. I step out the car and the air smells fresh." Zaire where are we?"